Best factory hood hinges?

Be careful of the “ parts stores”. They will sell you the hinges,spring and tell you that they are for a Monte but good chance they are for a chevelle. Hinges will be the same spring is different. Ask me how I know about that ( ground up). I just went the the Chevy dealership and bought springs. Several other posts about hinges. Joe has the correct numbers posted. By the way the springs are pretty easy to change using the washer trick. Took about 10 minutes each. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

By the way. The best factory hood hinge is only achievable by using the factory hood hinge. Lol. Just being a smart…. Lol. 

True though. Unfortunately one of them was discontinued last time I looked, and pricey...very pricey .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1Bad454 said:

Yeah my issue is that I don't have any. My car came with the hood laying on the car..

Ron, you’re in Cali. Get on Facebook or Craigslist they are probably all over. I believe a couple of guys live out your way that are members. Check the resource section.  Joe Vega (?) comes to mind. Playing with the hood, you must be getting close. 👍

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Ron, you’re in Cali. Get on Facebook or Craigslist they are probably all over. I believe a couple of guys live out your way that are members. Check the resource section.  Joe Vega (?) comes to mind. Playing with the hood, you must be getting close. 👍

I forgot about Joe! I just emailed him. I'm getting ready to take it in for paint. They want me to put the body back on the car though... It doesn't make sense but that's what they want.

2 hours ago, 1Bad454 said:

I forgot about Joe! I just emailed him. I'm getting ready to take it in for paint. They want me to put the body back on the car though... It doesn't make sense but that's what they want.

Do you have the body on a rotisserie?  It needs to be somewhat movable for them. Mine was on a rotisserie so it wasn’t a problem. Make sure they tape and paper off the frame and engine for overspray. At least if it’s on the frame and bolted down you won’t risk scratching anything during assembly 

4 hours ago, Dtret said:

Do you have the body on a rotisserie?  It needs to be somewhat movable for them. Mine was on a rotisserie so it wasn’t a problem. Make sure they tape and paper off the frame and engine for overspray. At least if it’s on the frame and bolted down you won’t risk scratching anything during assembly 

They told me to put the body back on the car. When they get it in the shop they told me that they will get the body lines all straightened out. Next they will pull the body back off the frame, disassemble, media blast and paint. Kind of strange but that's what they want to do.   

7 hours ago, 1Bad454 said:

They told me to put the body back on the car. When they get it in the shop they told me that they will get the body lines all straightened out. Next they will pull the body back off the frame, disassemble, media blast and paint. Kind of strange but that's what they want to do.   

That’s the best way to do it. It’s way more labor intensive but they can fix and issues on the body before paint. Make sure you ,and them, line up the body with the alignment holes so it’s on there straight. Honestly it sounds like a good shop that knows what they are doing. That’s going to hurt the wallet. Lol. You haven’t posted pictures in months. Time to get us caught up don’t you think?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

That’s the best way to do it. It’s way more labor intensive but they can fix and issues on the body before paint. Make sure you ,and them, line up the body with the alignment holes so it’s on there straight. Honestly it sounds like a good shop that knows what they are doing. That’s going to hurt the wallet. Lol. You haven’t posted pictures in months. Time to get us caught up don’t you think?  

Thanks for the affirmation Dennis! I thought that they were just trying to over charge me. My progress has been baby steps since I've been waiting for a year to get it into paint. I've been posting videos on my YouTube channel. I'll get a few a pics posted later today or this evening. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Leghome said:

I bought new hinges and springs from Leo Konicks Klassiks and the work perfectly he is listed in our venders section.

I just spoke with and will be buying some factory hinges and springs from them. Thank you sir!