No more A/C

72MC

Well a/c is gone and so is the distribution box. Below is a pic. Probably will sell the a/c setup. Not sure about the distribution box that mounts in the cabin under the dash. The plate is from BMR Fabrication. Trip to the strip is close at hand. - Dave

New booster and MC has well as line lock.

IMG_5392.jpg

Thanks for the compliment Dave. That panel does away with heat(blower motor) and air. I took out the dist box in the cabin because the induction duct sticks out 1/2 inch and I didnt need it anyway. I wanted the plate to be as flush with the firewall as possible. I also used that 3M tar strips to seal around the a/c and heat blower holes. They do make two versions, this was just the one that suited me. BMR Fabrications does some good work. I have there suspension parts as well. - Dave

You don't need no stinking A/C anyway. Looks sweet Dave. When it comes to serious performance cars A/C is for wimps(just kiddin). Maybe one day that mouse will finally be able to feast on some ratt(couldn't resist). Hopefully I'll be able to make it up your way for what we talked about. It will most likely be on the bike, or truck though. Peace.

Nothing wrong with removing the air if you don't want it and want to save some weight.

I drove mine that way for a while but eventually put an AC delete box on for some air flow...you may want to do that someday after a few very hot days or very cold days.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet.

I done away with all of my AC junk also, but even here in the South it still gets COLD! I bought an AC Delete box from American Graffitti and kept my Heat.

No AC is better for performance in my opinion. Less weight.

The no A/C is ggod for performance. But now that I'm trying to return my Monte to a driver I have to go and find all the parts again...

Ok, thanks. I'm doing it a little different. I got a serpitine set-up of a 90 Camaro RS, so I got to get hoses to fit that, but the big thing I'm still needing is the condensor/receiver.