Aluminum trim around rear black panel on 71 SS

Tazman

Does anyone know if the 2 long brushed aluminum trim pieces that outline the black panel below the rear deck lid on a 71 SS are reproduced by anyone? Classic Muscle has a description in their catalog that reads "70-71 #8700088 Monte Carlo Rear Panel Molding 2 req. $59.95 ea". I been to their web site and punched in the part number but there is no pic for it. Is this what I am looking for?

the long pieces are available, I got mine from "The Parts Place", the two lower side pieces are available too, the hard pieces are the upper side pieces, Leo maybe able to help you with those

Ive seen them at The Parts Place in thier catalog. Give Leo a call, he deals with them and like Rob said, he is a Trim Parts distributor now! I dont know if they are making it, but its worth a shot

I bought mine from The Parts Place. It was for a 70 Monte Carlo and I believe it is the same aluminum trim above the bumper as illstrated in Tony's Signature.

On a 1971 SS the peice that goes below the trunlid is the Same identical peice that goes on the bottom above the bumper, it is just flipped upside down.

The bottom set..Long Middle Peice and the 2 corner peices are reproduced, I bought mine from Leo, GREAT QUALITY, especially the middle aluminum peice.

The 2 VERY RARE upper corner peices for a 71 SS are being custom made by someone but are VERY pricey, Check with Leo on those too, from what he told me it seems he said they are being made out of Stainless Steel and not Pot Metal.

Lucking up on a set of orginal corner peices off a junk 71 SS is like finding Gold in your food cabinet. I found a set.....

I have the two upper corner pieces. They came with the car when I bought it. They are made from stainless and look fantastic.

What I am looking for is the two long aluminum pieces that run the length of the black panel. I think that part number I was looking at in the Classic Muscle catalog is what I need. I will check the parts place too. Thanks all.

Ted Williams is the company that reproduces those parts and they are sold by many of the reproduction parts place's like Leo and The Parts Place....I think I paid $65. Ted has passed away a few years ago but his company still remains. It is a very high quality reproduction that I would recommend to any one.

My 2 cents,

Steve