LOCK-OUTS

Capri's 71 SS

Ok, I know I have been thru this MANY MANY times & so have a few others...I still just do NOT understand.

How do we keep getting locked out of this site??? You go to open the FGMCC and you get an error saying the site is unavailable or you are not connected to the internet, etc etc.

I have been locked out for an hour - 3 days at the longest.

When this happens I can access ANY & EVERY website in the universe EXCEPT ours. In the past I have contacted, FGMCC (Lloyd), DELL & my ISP. No one could figure it out.

Right now, Bill/502ci, is locked out in the same exact way. He has been unable to get in since this morning. He has a different ISP than I do.

The only common factor between all of us that this happens to, is the FGMCC.

IT IS SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am afraid one day I will be locked out forever.

Capri,

Have you tried to clear the cookies and internet history and then attempt to get to the site? Sometime IE will get stuck on the last attempt to link to a site. I switch to Firefox months ago and have never had a connection problem since.

capri im leaning towards cookies and temp files being full you might want to clean them out. what bowser are you and bill using??? ie or firefox? i had the same problem a few months ago and i cleaned the temp files and cookies after i installed firefox and haven't had any problems.

Thank You . I will print that out so I can try that the next time I am locked out. I did email it to Bill.

I know there are others besides Bill & I that this has happened to.

the problem is in the FGMCC server. becuase if you dns the www.firstgenmc.com.. adn then attempt to http to it's numeric IP, it won't work.

i've been complaining about the same thing for some time.. and people kept telling me it was on my end.. even tho it happens to me on any computer I use.. home or not.

it's possible it's a problem that only exists with IE tho.. I can't disprove that yet smile

in my first post i put in that i wasn't able to get in one day until i cleaned out my cookies and temp files. the way i get to the club page i type fgmcc.com and the bowser fills in the http and the www. with ie i have noticed it is slow to send a message in the shout box and when opening a forum. i have not found a problem with firefox.

BTW, FYI, In the past, the last time I was locked out for 3 days,

we tried everything - clearing the cookies, cache, history, etc, downloaded firefox & tried to access thru there & nothing worked.

Not sure if Bill is home yet or still locked out.

it usually only affects me for a few minutes... sometimes just hitting my 'home' button.. then coming back into the site will clear it.. sometimes not.

Capri next time someone gets locked out let me know via email or call my cell. I hate to say it, but if it is only one person that is locked out, it is more than likely their computer. I do know that there are some issues with the shout box in IE that the developers know about, but are not busy fixing, that can make the message boards seem to lock up. But if you are saying you can not get to http://www.firstgenmc.com I need to know...

I personally have just about given up on IE except for a few sites that require it. It is my default browser on all the computers I use, even my kids use it on their computers. It keeps them cleaner longer... smile

Ian

I'm Back!!! band

I showed the E-mail that Capri sent me to Lisa...she tried all the stuff except the last part I think, the reason why I'm not sure as any computer stuff goes in one ear and out the other with me...not one of my strong points... crazy

Anyways it didn't work and I just waited the 3 days out and walla it let me back in.

Bill

You are suppose to do the steps I emailed you & call Ian..or Lisa should! smile

I did, you will have to ask her exactly what she did and couldn't do Friday, or if your not at the demo then she can explain it Saturday... smile

Bill

explaining it to me will be worthless lol I have the same problems myself! Next time she needs to call Ian. smile Maybe we can get this figured out once & for all.

Unfortunately when I got home from work today my computer locked me out of the site for about ten minutes. I don't know if it was locking me out or if there was a problem with the search but it was kinda weird... I logged in looked at the "Super Scott" post and when I tried to go back to the message forum it kept saying "Internet Cannot Display"... so I closed the page and clicked my short-cut on my home page and the same thing kept happening. Tried doing a Google search and got the same results. I kept hitting the refresh icon and finally through Google it showed the homepage. Logged in and everything has been fine so far. Kinda weird, huh? So we'll see if it's locking me out. Hopefully not.