70 or 71 SS 454 wanted

Great looking car overall and I like the colors. Nitpicking: Ā radio, exhaust tips, air cleaner, valve covers, master cylinder.Ā 

That said, I hope Volo gets every penny theyā€™re asking.Ā 

On 7/18/2023 at 6:50 AM, drdave69 said:

I've considered selling my 1970 SS but it doesn't have the tach and gauges. Let me know if you may be interested.

Several members, including myself, have successfully converted to full gauge dash clusters using a kit originally supplied by sonnie24 on eBay for around $355. Before and after photos are shown below.

Note: Be sure to order the kit specifically made for the '70 Chevelle/Monte Carlo because the numerals are light fluorescent green (numerals are white on the '71 & '72 kits).Ā  Here's the eBay address:Ā https://www.ebay.com/itm/374809845164?hash=item5744685dac:g:kMIAAOSwrv5cj5T4Ā 

The sonnie24 kit works perfectly, although the original instructions he provided with his kit absolutely sucked. He may have started shipping better instructions recently.Ā  I worked with Darren Bull to develop a much more detailed and illustrated set of installation instructions for that conversion kit for a '70 Monte and can make them available to anyone who asks.Ā  Just let me know.Ā Ā 

Ā 

PC084343.JPG

PC174420.JPG

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I found a 1970 SS 454 with the following equipment:

Astro Blue, white vinal top, blue bucket seats

AC, PW, PS, PB, special instrumentation, Positraction, ft and rear bumper guards, tilt wheel

I will pick it up Saturday.

Thanks everyone for your help with this purchase.

• Like 10

On 8/17/2023 at 8:29 PM, Chevy Dave said:

I found a 1970 SS 454 with the following equipment:

Astro Blue, white vinal top, blue bucket seats

AC, PW, PS, PB, special instrumentation, Positraction, ft and rear bumper guards, tilt wheel

I will pick it up Saturday.

Thanks everyone for your help with this purchase.

Curious ā€¦ By any chance is this car in California? Ā I only ask because a guy at a Moose Lodge show last night bent my ear for half an hour on one exactly as you describe. Older restoration (early to mid 90s) and this dude went so far as to pay to have the car inspected but couldnā€™t close the deal. Ā Supposedly fully documented and a ton of receipts.Ā 

Either way, congrats on your new baby! Ā Canā€™t wait to see pix.Ā 

• Like 3