brake booster

rsorg

I have used Power Brake Booster Exchange, located in Lynwood, WA. They did good work for me several years ago when they were located in Portland, OR. The original owner retired and it was taken over by a new guy in Washington.

8 hours ago, rsorg said:

hi , i am thinking of having brake boosters do my restoration on my booster has anyone here used them there address is ,san luis obispo cal. thanks roger

Yes,  They did mine. Every part of the deal was top notch, you won't be disappointed. 

@rsorg Is there a benefit to restoring your current booster rather than purchasing a replacement? There are restoration-correct replacements available in the aftermarket. They have the correct gold-colored finish and 'delco moraine' stamping.

1 hour ago, TheBMan said:

@rsorg Is there a benefit to restoring your current booster rather than purchasing a replacement? There are restoration-correct replacements available in the aftermarket. They have the correct gold-colored finish and 'delco moraine' stamping.

There IS a difference. Most of the aftermarket boosters are made offshore, even though they have the Delco stamp.. I'll add a link here on how to ID them, but suffice to say, Mike at Brakeboosters.com will not go anywhere near those things. You can either send yours to them, or they'll provide you with a genuine Gm booster.

After reading the below info, every time you see a booster at a show, you'll immediately spot a repro booster by the sharp, triangle shaped stamping on the face of the booster. 😁

Scroll about half way down the page:

https://www.brakeboosters.com/brake-boosters-history

• Like 1

If you are restoring you want as many “ correct parts “ as possible. Most times it’s more expensive but it is correct for the car. Some of the aftermarket parts are not as good as the original ones, so that’s always a thought too. 

• Like 2