Cup holder/wireless speaker holder for console

Just finished this insert for my console. I decided to leave the factory AM radio alone and go with a wireless speaker with Bluetooth. They sound surprisingly good. Was wanting a cup holder also. I hinged it to have access to what little space is underneath. I just had to R+R the lid and latch to drop it in. No mods to the console and the lid works as it should. I will admit to having a stupid amount of time fitting it because nothing on these consoles straight or square. All 4 inside corners are a different radius.IMG_1474.thumb.jpeg.529cd1d06d245904f580d5233cb1eb4f.jpegIMG_1472.thumb.jpeg.f03c35fc4b5ddb6d07b87f3e7f2719d8.jpeg

• Like 11

It does look great.  My only concern would be when it is in use, with a passenger in the passenger seat and the top open, that it could be knocked  loose or leaned on and damaged at the hinge attachment.  It would not be an issue with nobody in the passenger seat though.  What may be even better would be if when you wanted to use it if the top cover could be detached.

Other than that I really like it.

rob

39 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

It does look great.  My only concern would be when it is in use, with a passenger in the passenger seat and the top open, that it could be knocked  loose or leaned on and damaged at the hinge attachment.  It would not be an issue with nobody in the passenger seat though.  What may be even better would be if when you wanted to use it if the top cover could be detached.

Other than that I really like it.

rob

You make good point. Now you have me thinking of a way to do that. 

• 2 months later...

Well normally if I’m out with the car, it’s to go to cruise ins or some local shows to hang out so the speaker goes in the glove box and my drink goes with me. Then I close the lid and it all still looks factory. I think the console design is so nice looking that I  didn’t want to modify it.

• Like 4