Blinking message light

1967vettecoupe

Hi,

My message light keeps blinking even though there are no messages. I have tried everything I know to clear the blinking problem . I have no way of knowing if I have a message unless I constantly click on and check the blinking lite. Does anyone else have this problem? Ian can you correct it or tell me what to do? Thanks, Jim

toss your cookies. (seriously)

click on "my stuff" then "cookies"

then click on "Expire cookies"

then you will have to log back into the site, but it should fix it.

try using explorer to kill all of your cookies.

tools, internet options, then General tab, then "delete" and then the 'delete cookies' button

it would be better to use the delete all option, but that will wipe out all of your browsing history, stored passwords, etc.

I have used explorer already. I did this the other nite. I used the delete cookies button, however I refuse to use delete all and have to reestablish every other stored password on my computer. It would seem just as easy to accomplish this request from the FGMCC administrators capabilities. Please help Jim

Ian,

Thank-you, whatever you did worked! I have been looking at that for months and tried everything.

Jim

That would have drove me nuts...shocked.gif

You should have put tape over your screen where the flashing envolope was... whistle

Bill

You should have put tape over your screen where the flashing envolope was... whistle

Bill

At last; a simple solution everyone can perform!

It's easy...go to Home/ hallway/ kitchen/ junk drawer, scroll through the options until you see "masking tape". Grab the tab to open, then drag until you have the desired length. Go back to FGMCC/blinking light, and paste the masking over the flashing icon. If that doesn't work, try to copy and paste again.

It's easy...go to Home/ hallway/ kitchen/ junk drawer, scroll through the options until you see "masking tape".

Might wanna click on "duct tape" I heard that works on everything... grin

Bill

My old drawer is 2.5, so it doesn't include "duct tape". Of course if you have drawer 3.0 or larger, duct tape would work just fine.

Mark you have some great remarks - you must be a hoot in person! lol

And Bill you are very funny on line!

Those are great taglines for our profile.

-message posted by wallaby: a hoot in person.

-message posted by 502ci: very funny on line.

It doesn't take more than a 6-pack wink

This is true... beer

Originally Posted By: footballubet
Even when Bill had his Superhero Laptop at Mike's picnic, he was funny!! lol

Hey, that's a good idea... grin

Bill

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. Issue is finally solved. Please don`t send me any messages either.....I might not be able to clear it again! Jim

Not even a message on how to clear up unwanted messages? Okay just try to help a brother out.grin

• 2 weeks later...