Load leveling valve

Dtret

57 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Sounds like a good idea to have to leveling system work, but, mine still has the original on it , which doesn’t work, and I’m hesitant about swapping it out.. 

I have all the pieces in a box on a shelf, I know its inoperative I'll let the next owner worry about it 🤣

The system in general is pretty much garbage. That’s why a lot of cars that are supposed to have them, don’t. The failure rate was way up there while the system was still under gm warranty. The system on my 71 does actually work, but I wouldn’t waste my time chasing issues if it didn’t. As long as it’s present I’m good. Now if I was really really bored…..  maybe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

The system in general is pretty much garbage. That’s why a lot of cars that are supposed to have them, don’t. The failure rate was way up there while the system was still under gm warranty. The system on my 71 does actually work, but I wouldn’t waste my time chasing issues if it didn’t. As long as it’s present I’m good. 

I hope it doesn't stop working Dennis, that may be considered a deviation from Factory Correct.   We are thinking about loading 3 or 4 of the fgmcc family kids into the SS trunks to verify the functionability.

rob

• Haha 6