Load leveling valve

Dtret

I picked up a couple of these. Brand new. Need to add a couple of fittings to make the applicable to the Montes but dang near perfect in every other way. All brackets fit perfectly. I didn’t really need them but I wanted to see if they would work.

IMG_6875.jpeg

IMG_6876.jpeg

IMG_6877.jpeg

IMG_6878.jpeg

IMG_6879.jpeg

• Like 8

I know the original one on my 71 works properly but it’s 50+ years old. I’m not sure if the original for the 70 will work. That’s why I got them. I may put the load level option on my 72 but I doubt it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I may put the load level option on my 72 but I doubt it. 

There goes another 'modification'....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, jft69z said:

There goes another 'modification'....

That car will probably never see an fgmcc meet. I’m only one person, with a half ton truck. And one car trailer. lol. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dtret said:

That car will probably never see an fgmcc meet. I’m only one person, with a half ton truck. And one car trailer. lol. 

You are not the only one towing with a 1500. 😡 Lol. We do have 2 trailers BUT the enclosed is more of a storage/garage. Lol

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

That car will probably never see an fgmcc meet.

Oh so now we have ANOTHER imaginary Monte in the club 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Maybe Rob can create a judging class just for the imaginary cars...

Nowadays,  everybody gets a trophy anyhow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Mine is real. I have pictures. 

So does Mark...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

Maybe Rob can create a judging class just for the imaginary cars...

Nowadays,  everybody gets a trophy anyhow.

Here is a picture of then Alex Weise displaying his "imaginary" Monte at the 2006 Eastern Meet in Bristol, TN.  In reality he had a Monte but it was not at the meet.  Sounds familiar, huh!!

image.png.cfb4bb0f017ae3a302ce983c03d267eb.png

rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Dtret said:

I picked up a couple of these. Brand new. Need to add a couple of fittings to make the applicable to the Montes but dang near perfect in every other way. All brackets fit perfectly. I didn’t really need them but I wanted to see if they would work.

IMG_6875.jpeg

IMG_6876.jpeg

IMG_6877.jpeg

IMG_6878.jpeg

IMG_6879.jpeg

Come on guys before we get to the imaginary cars, these pics are from Mr Dennis but as we see there are no sneakers so how can we be so sure he is even doing this. This might be someone else or even imaginary person?????

4 hours ago, Dtret said:

Dennis you can tow one car a Show, one to Carlisle then one to Syracuse!!! We will cut you some slack for the 72 maybe 1 year!!!  MAYBE!!! lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, willie said:

Dennis there is no proof of you taking those pics.

I'm with willie, unless there's a foot/slipper/ in the photo doubt Dennis took it🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, mon-tss said:

tuff crowd

No worries, Lyle

It's actually a core group of very close friends, just having fun with each other. :2beers:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mon-tss said:

tuff crowd

True to what Joe said. It can’t be all about cars. We go through this yearly, joking and having fun. It’s all a big build up for the eastern meet in Carlisle when we get to see most everyone in person and talk trash face to face. lol. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Yes Lyle, all good friends here!!! Great bunch of guys!!!  

Dennis i still dont see your feet????  Whats up with that???? lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, willie said:

Yes Lyle, all good friends here!!! Great bunch of guys!!!  

Dennis i still dont see your feet????  Whats up with that???? lol

I’ve been consciously trying to keep them out. It’s not easy with size 13’s. I like the idea of keeping you all guessing whether it’s me or not. 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Are the load leveling valves considered right or left handed. I see on the Dayton Air website they offer both - I have the original but not sure if it works or which side handed  it is?  Gathering parts n pieces to start restoring now that i have retired!

On their site they list both. Obviously they are used for different applications nowadays. It all depends on how they are mounted. Look at my first picture and match that. If you want specific let me know and I’ll dig up the paperwork. 

Sounds like a good idea to have to leveling system work, but, mine still has the original on it , which doesn’t work, and I’m hesitant about swapping it out.. 

• Like 1