Wanted 1970 AC Blower Cage

Having trouble finding this blower cage. I can find aftermarket steel cages that will fit but my past experience is they are loud.  

123_1.jpeg

123_1.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Summit shows having one in stock. 

All I see are metal wheels available, not plastic. Do you have a link?

the Four Seasons part number below is the only one listed for our application. Rock Auto also shows a VDO part, but metal cage as well.

https://proshop.summitracing.com/parts/FSS-35602

ebay has used ones with the same part number, but with shipping is almost $55... For that price, and being that old, I'd probably go metal replacement and just turn up the radio 🙂.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235256776788

I just googled the part number on the wheel and the first thing that popped up was summit. I do know that the original ( I think) wheel on my 70 was metal. 

3 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I just googled the part number on the wheel and the first thing that popped up was summit. I do know that the original ( I think) wheel on my 70 was metal. 

I did the same thing with the same results. The only way to get a plastic one seems to be ebay, or one of our used parts guys here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I did the same thing with the same results. The only way to get a plastic one seems to be ebay, or one of our used parts guys here.

That’s my fault. I didn’t actually read the ad, I just looked at the picture. Oops 😬 

• Haha 1

I was hoping one of the resident hoarders had one. I’m googled, ebayed, etc….I have a new metal one from NPD …all available new are the same.  If you’ve found one on eBay please enlighten me…..thx. 

Not to throw a wrench in here but would the 70 Chevelle have the plastic also???

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I just went and looked at what I had for parts and my inventory list via the spread on my computer ( Willie lol). Mine are all metal. 

See Dennis now the truth comes out!!  I knew it!!!!

• Like 1

Yes the 70 Chevelle is the same. Other years too…I found one on eBay with the motor but a perfect cage with same part number from a 67 GTO….if only I had an old dealership parts book and could cross reference parts. Anyway I offered the seller 45 shipped.

Definitely plastic. Interesting that the motor is only $9 more with the fan. Claims to be an ACDelco unit that works with or without AC. Then below it they list a fan only, metal, noted without AC. Obviously not an ACDelco fan or they would’ve said so. What would be the difference between AC+non AC?

My guess, and only a guess, would be the depth of the non AC housing is shallower than the AC housing. So it may be in The depth of the wheel. Possibly. 

• Like 1

It may be the motor is different too. Some have the vent hole to blow air into the motor itself, with that plastic elbow.

• Like 1

So as I went through some of my non-inventoried products, like everything I have Willie, it occurred to me that I may have something in building number three( one carport and two small sheds lol). To my utter, and useless, amazement lookie what I found. 

IMG_6904.jpeg

IMG_6903.jpeg

• Like 3

So as I went through some of my non-inventoried products, like everything I have Willie, it occurred to me that I may have something in building number three( one carport and two small sheds lol). To my utter, and useless, amazement lookie what I found.

Your fibbing you looked on the 29th page of book 6, that was left in building number 3!!!  LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, willie said:

Your fibbing you looked on the 29th page of book 6, that was left in building number 3!!!  LOL

And I had to have a retina scan just to get in. lol. Ya, no. lol. 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/23/2024 at 4:45 PM, Dtret said:

IMG_6904.jpeg

IMG_6903.jpeg

For sale?

1 hour ago, Joselk1 said:

For sale?

Can be. Do you want the motor also? I did test it. It works. I had Karen video it when I tested it but the video would load. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Joselk1 said:

I really just need the cage….

Let me see if I can get it apart without breaking it. 50 years of stuck. lol. 

A photo for Gary and I added a little touch for the other clowns that miss my feet. If they are there it’s real, right?  lol. 😂 😝😆

IMG_6910.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 1/26/2024 at 4:15 PM, Dtret said:

A photo for Gary and I added a little touch for the other clowns that miss my feet. If they are there it’s real, right?  lol. 😂 😝😆

IMG_6910.jpeg

That’s it….cool. I have one coming from eBay this week …if it’s not good I’ll take this …thank you. This site has been great for information and contacts for parts.  Glad to be a member.  

• Like 2