New additions to 'Editor' toolbar

Added a couple new options to the 'Editor' toolbar that may be useful. These will mainly show up on the full size screens, - tablets & phones are not included (unless someone wants them added).

- Included is the 'Superscript' button, good for things like temperatures, to add the 'degree' symbol at the upper right (90o), or numbers (20th).

- Next is the 'Background Color' button, good for highlighting text. (I think this will be the most useful addition).

- Last is the ability to customize the font if you want something different to bring attention to a subject. (I tend to just switch text to italics though, if trying to highlight a quote or text from another source).  

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. There are a few more options available, but for the most part doubt they will add any value.

toolbar.0.jpg

Subscript:

toolbar3.JPG

Highlight:

toolbar1.JPG

Font:

toolbar2.JPG

• Like 8

Pretty cool Joe, not sure if i  will remember they are there so i can use them but great to know they are there when i do!!  lol   You know me technically illiterate!!!  lol

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

All I use is my phone and tablet so it won't be anything for me 

The only reason I didn't touch those is the lack of real estate on the toolbar of the smaller devices.

If there's something you guys want though, it would probably just add another line of tools below the original,  no problem.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, willie said:

Pretty cool Joe, not sure if i  will remember they are there so i can use them but great to know they are there when i do!!  lol   You know me technically illiterate!!!  lol

Yea my eyes are too old and my fingers are to fat for typing on the phone 🤣 Not taking anything away from Joe enhancing the forum 

10 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Yea my eyes are too old and my fingers are to fat for typing on the phone 🤣 Not taking anything away from Joe enhancing the forum 

I tend to use a PC most of the time if posting anything of substance. It's just easier with 2 large screens (32"), a keyboard, and a mouse.

So basically, I did it for me, but figured I'd let everyone know the new functions are there. At least if you're aware of them, it may be useful at some point.

• Like 3

Thanks Joe, I often wondered about font size and I like how we can change it.  That and the Font.

rob

• Like 2