Looking for outer window felts/sweeps

It's the last thing in a long restoration. I refuse to pay what companies are asking for such an inexpensive part. I just need the outer sweeps for my '72 Monte. Mine are cracking. If anyone has any or knows where I might find some used, please lemme know. Thanks!

Edited by JP_AstroMan

I don’t have the exact answer but  I  do know that it has been discussed several times. Try using the site search engine and see what you come up with. 

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1
  • Haha 1

Jeff,

For as much of a pain in the butt as they are to change you would be better off buying new.  No, they are not cheap but why put a set of old ones on that may be almost as brittle as the one you are taking off.

rob

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Jeff,

For as much of a pain in the butt as they are to change you would be better off buying new.  No, they are not cheap but why put a set of old ones on that may be almost as brittle as the one you are taking off.

rob

I was having a rare "let's save money" day yesterday. I'm back to normal today....

31 minutes ago, Scott S. said:

Nothing wrong with trying to save money..... It's just that some used/cheap parts wind up costing more in the end. :(

Especially a piece of rubbery plastic! 

On 3/17/2024 at 5:22 PM, Dtret said:

I don’t have the exact answer but  I  do know that it has been discussed several times. Try using the site search engine and see what you come up with. 

I see what you did there 😉

• Like 1
  • You're Welcome 1

Had mine in since'07, still looking good. Seems that my 2017 Honda Civic Si are done for. Now I have to replace them. I wonder what they cost !! Going to the dealer tomorrow and see. I'll give you an update on them. As far as new ones for yours ,The Parts Place is good a place to get those from.IMG_20181222_143155197_HDR.thumb.jpg.3e56669a23f09aab396454922f1dc3f9.jpg

Edited by 420ponies
Added content
  • Like 1