Decoding build sheet

I have a partial build sheet for my 1970 Monte Carlo SS.  Does anyone have a list of the build sheet codes codes for this car?

Hey David,

Joe and Rob probably have one somewhere, but I found one on the ChevelleStuff.com site.

If you go to ChevelleStuff.net/1970/options by model.htm. and open the 1970 Chevelle/Monte Carlo Regular Production page, you should find what you're looking for.

Hope that helps, Scott.

I bought the $50 disc from one of the guys who is listed on those sites. It is specific to the 70 SS Chevelle, but there is still a LOT of good info there. I'll give you a call Dave to see if I can help.

https://chevellecd.net/products/cds/bs_decoder.htm

Update: Dave & I talked on the phone and were able to decode as much as possible, with what was available, and not Chevelle specific.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, overdrive said:

That's just pretty much a RPO code list Dan.

Dave was looking to find out what the individual boxes meant, though the last post of the forum link does explain those in some detail.

The decoder disc I bought explains what some of those codes are, and a lot of other good stuff as well. Keep in mind, it says 1970 SS Chevelle only, but some things did cross over on Dave's sheet. The decoder breaks it down between the different plants too.

I emailed the creator of the disc last night because it said there was an update to the one I had. He responded quickly and said it was just a couple of things that really didn't matter. I mentioned we're mainly Monte people here, etc. He did actually send me an Excel spread sheet of some Monte build sheet data he had, but for the most part it doesn't seem that comprehensive, just stuff he transcribed from sheets he had collected, and put in one place. It does cover 70-72, and SS & Customs though, but as said, I didn't see near as much detail as what's posted below. I still need to scrutinize it a bit more though. Pretty generous of him to send it to me though, that's customer service at its finest.

Here's a couple screen shots. 

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

• Like 1

Oh, I suppose it makes more sense if I include what Dave had available, to show what we were working with. Maybe what I posted above would make more sense then.

20240319_133400.jpg