Chevelle's first competition

CrazyDavey

Well today was the Chevelle's first venture into competition. We ran at Fontana, there were 5 groups, we ran with So. Cal. Drag Racing Association (great, great group). I made it into the 3rd round (last 10 cars).

Got to get the tires right...

100_3910.jpg

First practice ran 12.30 111.90..auto shift..pedal off the line

Second practice ran 12.04 112.39..manual shift...left harder

1st round '56 was dialed at 12.30...I dialed at 11.98 (hey it kept going faster plus it looks better on the window). '56 ran 12.270..I ran 11.969..I drove by it and broke out less = win!!!

th_100_3906.jpg

2nd round I came up against a Camaro that won Pinks All Out last year. He dialed 10.61..I dialed 11.95...Camaro ran 10.652 122.39...I ran 11.985 113.89..he didn't catch me!!!

th_100_3911.jpg

3rd round Dodge dialed 10.70...I stayed with 11.95...Chevelle did great, driver failed..my worst RT of the day..he got me in the lights...Dodge 10.74 121.06..me 11.966 113.82...What video??? Only changes to the car..1" carb spacer...steel 2" cowl hood...oh yeah, and a good track...We had a fantastic time, many great people. ET Summit week after next...best MPH 113.89..best et 11.966...best RT .023...best 60 1.75...best 1/8 7.66 91.40 2 runs in the 12's...3 runs in the 11's....3:42 gears.. gringringringrin

WOW Dave!!! :)You have really got your car super consistant. I think we all knew you had an 11's ride just based on your MPH. You sure proved that! grin 1.75 short time is nothing to scoff at. Just as long as it consistant I wouldn't change a thing. Just practice cutting a low R/T and your package would be hard to beat. If you haven't already done so keep up with the ambient air temp, humidity, track temp (if available) and D/A and start keeping a log of these records. Put this together with your timeslips and it makes it mush easier to dial in the right number, plus it's fun.

Ya did great, keep up the good work have fun and be safe!

David

Dave

Those times are great. I just hope that I might be able to get mine to run those times. One I get the fuel system to support the engine. It's in the garage today and started to install the new fuel lines and pump/regulator. Wish me luck.

Couldn't get the video to open up.

Thanks for sharing

Dave

Those times are great. I just hope that I might be able to get mine to run those times. One I get the fuel system to support the engine. It's in the garage today and started to install the new fuel lines and pump/regulator. Wish me luck.

Couldn't get the video to open up.

Thanks for sharing

Royce, with all you're doing I think you've got it covered.....your car's going to be fast!!!! you can always click on my photobucket link at the bottom of my sig. The first video is the second run, the second video is the first run....Dave grin

I have to find my old post where I said your MPH put you in the 11.90's grin And you backed it up with 2 more 11 second runs. Very cool Dave and congrats on going 3 rounds.

thanks a bunch Scott, it was soooooo much fun... grin

Just being able to go to a drag strip in So Cal is on my bucket list, driving a 11 sec Chevelle on it would be too much. cool

I wish some of the old strips like Lions were still around, I spent many a weekend there, those were great places. Come on down Chris, if they're runnin' you can drive it...... grin

Car looked awesome lining up next to that 56. Speaking of old California tracks, they are running a couple times a year at the old Kingdon Raceway up in Lodi again Dave. I went last year. HUGE turnout. It was like stepping back into an old HOT ROD magazine photo. Nothing has changed since it closed in '75. No updated anything. Kinda' dangerous, WAY COOL! A whole bunch of old timers from "back in the day" show up with their old hot rods that they still have and beat on them. They are the coolest people to talk to.

Nygel

Ny

Lodi!! that's where my wife's from, met her when I lived in Elk Grove. That would be fun to go see, any idea when they run? There used to be a track every 20 miles back then, now Fontana is about it for 1/4 mile. You're right about meeting some cool people, I've met some great folks at Fontana, kinda like a faternity.

The '56 was fun having to play catch up, was a very nice lady, that is her husband lining her up at the line. I don't think he was to happy but she came over after and we had a nice talk. Dave grin

I live in Elk Grove. Sacramento Raceway is still going strong and is only 15 minutes away from me. I can hear them running from my house. I will find out when the next Kingdon day is and let you know. No B.S. It will really take you back!

Nygel

that would be cool Nygel, I forgot about Sac Raceway. I'll see if I can get a calander of events off the web. Maybe I could bring it up there and we could go have some fun.

I lived off of Laguna across from the Apple facility. Thanks again..Dave

Car looked awesome lining up next to that 56. Speaking of old California tracks, they are running a couple times a year at the old Kingdon Raceway up in Lodi again Dave. I went last year. HUGE turnout. It was like stepping back into an old HOT ROD magazine photo. Nothing has changed since it closed in '75. No updated anything. Kinda' dangerous, WAY COOL! A whole bunch of old timers from "back in the day" show up with their old hot rods that they still have and beat on them. They are the coolest people to talk to.

Nygel

Ny

Thats what I'm talking about!

Quote:
Quote:
that would be cool Nygel, I forgot about Sac Raceway. I'll see if I can get a calander of events off the web. Maybe I could bring it up there and we could go have some fun.

I lived off of Laguna across from the Apple facility. Thanks again..Dave

Dave, that would be awesome! Sac Raceway is still a great track. I know exactly where Apple is. I am about 10 minutes from there. I live in the homes across from the big softball complex in Elk Grove. Small world, huh?

Nygel

Nygel, let me know if you find any events at Sac raceway. I think they have a Wed night run and tune thing but it would be nice to find an up coming bracket type weekend event. I also looked a Kingdon and I think their next thing is in the first week of October, you can Google it. Keep in touch...Dave grin