2010 Western Meet Announcement

Canuck

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of quick questions; How many of you all are bringing kids. Gwen and I are bringing our six grandkids which brings up thw next point is that we are probably going to rent a trailer{ ie the trailer storage question again} cause all those people dont fit in Montes to well, And third-anybody going to race thier car? Looks like family pressure is having me race mine.

There are some who are bringing kids but not sure how many yet. I'm coming by myself on this trip.

As for drag racing, I'm undecided. The car isn't tuned quite right and I have some other issues.

Royce will be addressing the trailer storage question soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Gwen again. smile

Tim,

We are just bringing Liam this time. He's 14. We have had a change of plans and will not be racing the Monte.....well maybe...

Royce, I would be in for the trailer storage. We are not at home but I will make a few calls today and see who else is racing and who would need the trailer storage.

Vaughn

I'm not bringing kids this time...they had a blast last time, but now they can stay home. LOL

I'm not planning on racing, but I'll have my helmet just in case the peer pressure gets to be too much.

Calling ME the scaredy cat? I'm not trailering up there...

ah class distinction, I guess the "trailer" people will have to stay on their side of the show.....

No news on the parking yet. I've not been able to catch the owner yet. We need to be prepared to offer him something for at least five trailers. I'm prepared to offer him something but need to know what everyone else feels about it. I'm sure that we will be able to get access to the lot when ever we need it. Let me know so I can give the owner an answer. Thanks and yes Davey is nutz

Originally Posted By: Chevyss
Maybe some more WW Sweets in case the club would attempt to grill some steaks or such.
smiley-excited001.gif

Hey look, Chris finally posted a picture of his neighbor!

Will you be taking him to the meet with you? lol

Originally Posted By: Montecruiser
Originally Posted By: Chevyss
Maybe some more WW Sweets in case the club would attempt to grill some steaks or such.
smiley-excited001.gif

Hey look, Chris finally posted a picture of his neighbor!

Will you be taking him to the meet with you? lol

By the looks of him, he cant wait. lol Funny you bring him up. I saw him today for the first time in a couple months. Theres been alot of Police cars heading up the dirt road the past few weeks but I dont know if they're going to his house or not. I had another encounter with him in my yard again back then (didn't post the details then) nutz but I told him I didnt want him in my yard and so far so good. I think the threat of calling the cops has helped. grin

Good to hear Chris, stay safe!

Sure wish I'd gone to the Eastern Meet, and could come out for the Western one. Lord knows I got the FF miles. Western meet is during our annual sojurn to Iowa for the State Fair (Pork Chop on a stick, actually anything on a stick or deep fried), family gathering, and a trip to Adventureland (Iowa's answer to Six Flags). Everybody have fun at the meet and be safe!!

If any of you have a laptop with a webcam, please bring it if you can. I'm not sure if we will find the opportunity to do a webcast but we can certainly try. smile

How many people are bringing ezup canopies? Jake and Dave will have one. Anyone else?

I'm trying to figure out if I should haul my 10x10 canopy down or not. It is heavy and is the type that needs to be assembled. I've brought it to past meets and it takes about 5 people and a couple expletives to put together. I don't want to haul it in my trunk if it is not needed.

PEOPLE WITH TRAILERS

The place who is providing trailer parking has requested that you provide a photocopy of your trailer insurance papers. Please bring an extra copy with you to the meet. If for some reason you forget to make the copy, I'm certain we can find a place locally to make a copy (maybe even the hotel).

I guess I can bring my EZ up. It can stay in the trunk if we don't need it, but might come in handy if we do. It just consumes a LOT of trunk space.

Yesterday I spent a good deal of time cleaning my spare tire/rim so it doesn't trash my trademark white pants on the road trip. I got everything done, and realized I can't find the J-hook to secure it all. Does anybody have an extra? If not, I can fab one, but thought I'd check first.