2010 Western Meet Announcement

Canuck

Here is the answer I received from the president of the Mid Columbia Car Club:

The Rotary is supposed to send out a confirmation post card to all the registrants. Have meeting on the 6th and see if that is being done...Will be glad to meet you and the rest of club that is coming......John

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rooms at the hotel are held for the FGMCC until July 29th. Be sure to book soon in order to secure a room. After July 29th, there is no guarantee you will get a room that weekend.

Info here:

http://www.fgmcc.com/05meetwest.shtml

smile

Aaron, do you have a list of people who have rooms being held? I think Capri kept that updated for the Eastern meet. I can't get the hotel to respond to messages...Dave

Sorry to hear that Adrian, hopefully we can meet you next year.

There are six of us members in Alberta that will be leaving in a caravan from my house on Wednesday and stopping over in or around Spokane on Wed night and then heading to The Dalles for Thursday afternoon. Anyone else heading that way and want to join us let me know. grin

Vaughn

I was just reading some reviews of The Dalles Inn on the Trip Advisor web site. It seems like people have some positive things to say about it in recent months. It appears like it will have a lot of things going for it during the weekend. It is right on the main drag where the cruise occurs. The hotel will have either a live band or DJ on the cruise night. They will also be setting up a wash bay for the cars to get cleaned up.

The only drawback is the lack of parking for trailers. I was taking a look at the hotel using the street view on google and the parking lot is not all that spacious. The lot behind the hotel is for a Pub and some other business so we can't park them there. The hotel is suggesting parking them on the street. I beleive Jake said there was some space around the area where you might be able to park trailers but it was not near The Dalles Inn. There's other various lots near the hotel I will be looking into. Any suggestions from trailer owners?

Suggestions.....no...but I hope we figure something out. Aaron when you say other lots are you talking about typical parking lots? Sure would be nice if there was some kind of space we could reserve....

Pink.....what I'm I going to do with this chair???? Bud...hope things are okay...Davey

Suggestions.....no...but I hope we figure something out. Aaron when you say other lots are you talking about typical parking lots? Sure would be nice if there was some kind of space we could reserve....

I will be looking into what space we can use/reserve. There is a large lot just a couple blocks West of the hotel on W2nd street. It is across the street from a restaurant. I looked at it using the Google Maps street view and it just had a couple RVs and some cars parked in it. There is some sort of business sign on the lot but I can't read it in the image. There does not appear to be any gates or anything for this lot. I will try to find out what this is and see if we can park trailers there. Heck, maybe there's a gas station nearby with a roomy parking lot. The search continues.

There were a few trucking companies with large 'yards'. I wonder

if they would be willing to work out something. Chamber of

Commerce might be able to help out.

Aaron, do you have a list of people who have rooms being held? I think Capri kept that updated for the Eastern meet. I can't get the hotel to respond to messages...Dave

I just got the updated list from The Dalles Inn:

Roy Bunjes

Doug Cameron

Dan Goehring

Keith Golanowski

Cameron Lewis

Dave Mau

Dave Nassimbene

Vaughn Peoples

Luke Sink

Royce Tollman

Pat Trottier

Jack Young

I beleive there may be others booked in rooms that were not held for the FGMCC. I'm actually not on the list since I booked outside the group (there's actually three members in one room). If you booked a room but you are not on the list above, I recommend you phone them and request a confirmation number just to be sure. Maybe they can add you to the FGMCC list. Some people are camping also so they will not be on the hotel list. smile

If you have not yet booked your hotel room, be sure to do so in the next 2 weeks!

4 WEEKS TO GO!

yaybandyay

Make sure that you all are active members (dues paid) prior to the meet. smile

thanks Aaron, that was perfect!! I think there were also some other hotel alternatives listed, some might be hooked up there...guess it's time to start cleaning up Monte!!! We are really looking forward to this...there are going to be some really nice Monte's there, hopefully we'll get some tips on how to make ours nicer!! thanks again Aaron...

Oh NO...I gotta put up with "Crazy Davey" again!

Been there...done that! Even got the T-SHIRT! But - no hat!

We had our fill of him back in April when we met him in Vegas! Oh...and speaking of "crazy"...you must be living up to your name...because you are absolutely insane if you think that you need any "TIPS" on how to make your cars look nicer! After seeing the Chevelle in person...if the Monte looks anything like it...we will be taking advice and tips from YOU!

Aaron...we are not on the list...as the parents are bringing the motor home, so me and Lisa will be staying with them. My Mom is looking into which campground to park at...as there are about 3 good choices on the Oregon side...and Maryhill on the Washington side. It appears that none of them are in The Dalles, but they are all within 25 miles or so of the actual city.

We plan on leaving on Thursday, hopefully late morning...so Vaughn...you will probably already be out of Spokane before we get there. We do plan on taking the same route as you from Spokane on (I-90/395/etc), but you will most likely be in The Dalles when we are just getting to Spokane? In our case, thanks to the parents, we will leave Helena, and drive until we are tired, then pull over and sleep wherever for the night. Then wake up on Friday morning and I wanted to make sure that we are there by mid afternoon...so we will hopefully be there by 3:00 PM or so. Last year, I missed the cruise, so this year I want to make sure that I do NOT miss the cruise!