2010 Western Meet Announcement

Canuck

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INCREDIBLY COOL - 28 members attending the Western Meet!!!

Way to go!!!! We only have 9 officially registered for the Eastern Meet and ours is only 96 days away!

I will be going to the meet by myself this year. Anyone interested in sharing a room and split the cost? I want to try to make the trip as economical as possible. smile

We have now hit 30 members!!!!!

By State/Province:

10 WA

7 CA

5 AB

2 OR

2 BC

1 NM

1 NV

1 MT

1 ID

The group will be roughly 60 people with spouses and kids. That will be a big group at the Western Meet.

5 months today we'll be at the show with 25+ Montes. cool

• 4 weeks later...

31 members now with just a little over 4 months to go before the meet.

By State/Province:

11 WA

7 CA

5 AB

2 OR

2 BC

1 NM

1 NV

1 MT

1 ID

fgmcc

Alright; Ive made my room reservations. Exspect to see Gwen and I on friday the 13th.Its going to be a good weekend. Ill check into the carivan idea. dosnt matter where we meet. FUN FUN Til then, DONT break em!! TIM

I just made my reservation and will be bunking with Chris and Kevin. It feels a little more "real" now. Only a little over 4 months to go!

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't know if I will be able to make it to the Western Meet. I am traveling from Eugene, OR to Santa Carla, CA every week for work. My new employor has given me 5 months to relocate to Santa Carla. My daughter graduates from High School in June, so my home will be in Oregon until at least early July. I don't know about driving my Monte all the way to Santa Clara from here, I don't know if it can make the trip. I also have a 15 x 20 shop here and don't know what I will have in CA. Lots of stuff to get rid of, mostly junk if I don't have a shop at the new house. I had started collecting things to set up a shop with low end stuff until I could afford better. Harbor Freight blast hood, paint sprayer, used compressors (1 1/2 hp and 60 gallon tank with Harbor Freight 5 HP compressor) dishwasher for parts cleaning (Works great on hubcaps) oven for powder coating.

Right now I am considering putting the car in storage here, going to the meet and driving it to Santa Clara afterward. As long as I remember the cell phone I can call for help if I break down along the way.

My buddy owns a Chinese restaurant in Yelm and he is wondering

if we would want to meet there for some lunch before continuing

on to the Dalles. It is not too far off of I-5.

Any interest????

My buddy owns a Chinese restaurant in Yelm and he is wondering

if we would want to meet there for some lunch before continuing

on to the Dalles. It is not too far off of I-5.

Any interest????

If it involves food you know Im in. grin LOL. That Thursday is going to be a kick back easy driving day with no pressure I heard. So, sounds good to me. cool

That sounds good to me.

Yes, Thursday will be a pretty relaxing day. We'll get to the hotel, settle in and kick back for the evening. It's a nice way to start the weekend before things start to get busy Friday evening. We'll also have some time to get the cars cleaned up Friday morning.

smile

At this point, I think there is just the 4 of us driving together through the WA coast area (Me, Chris, Kevin and Jake). I haven't heard anything from the other Northwest members regarding this. I know some will be arriving Friday instead. My guess is that we may only get 1 or 2 more members for the Thursday drive if any more at all. I do know some people are going to be arriving Thursday from other areas.

I believe you met him Chris. It is Ron, the guy that had the red

'68 Chevelle.

Chopsticks o-fire, lol

something about them potstickers...