2010 Western Meet Announcement

Canuck

What is the Registration form all about. Is it a form that allows participation in the events? Never been to one of these before and am ignorant of what the procedures are for this Meet.

Need some help please!

Doug

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a meet, we choose an existing event somewhere and attend it as a group. So, for those of us bringing a car to the show, we need to register for the event.

In this case, the FGMCC has chosen to use the Cruise the Gorge event as our meet location. If you are putting your car in the show, you must register for it like you do at any car show.

We do however add some of our own stuff to the weekend with the FGMCC awards, door prizes, etc. Many of the meet attendees also show up a day before the "event" begins to allow some time to chat and get to know one another. smile

There is a trophy for club participation. We should have a good chance at that. It all depends on how many club cars get registered for the show. smile

At the 2007 meet, the car show actually made special trophies for our club which was very nice.

If there is any competion for partipation I know some people that know some people. And yes they are short like me which means we can hope on shoulders and form like Voltron wink

Originally Posted By: Arsin
Thank God B doesnt ind I drink GD High Life LOL.

Say what? I think you've been drinking, Pink!

crazy

Dave

I think there was a few "m's missing. Adrian needs a new keyboard.

Originally Posted By: David Mau
Originally Posted By: Arsin
Thank God B doesnt ind I drink GD High Life LOL.

Say what? I think you've been drinking, Pink!

crazy

Dave

I think there was a few "m's missing. Adrian needs a new keyboard.

lol Yeah the key board at home is got an "M" button that sticks. It was suppose to read "Thank God B (Bianca) doesn't mind I drink MGD" in reference to an earlier post. Geez.... One drunken post and I'll never live it down lol Like I'm the only one thats done that grin

I have a question about registering for the event, I made reservations for three nights at the Dalles Inn. My question is do I have to register for the show or can I just show up and park with everyone and hang out.

Ok, I just filled out the registration and sending it in the morning. I will be driving up so hopefully no issues along the way wish me luck. Really look forward to meeting everyone and having a good time and seeing some green trees.

Ok, I just filled out the registration and sending it in the morning. I will be driving up so hopefully no issues along the way wish me luck. Really look forward to meeting everyone and having a good time and seeing some green trees.

Look forward to seeing you Luke. We do have a hard luck award... but it's better if you don't win it.

I did all my registration stuff months ago.

The Motel swears I am confirmed for a room, but I don't have any paper saying so. I called them a while back and they still have me locked in, but say they already e-mailed me my confirmation. I say I never got it; please send another....and nothing.

For the show, I sent my enrty fee in at the same time I did the motel. It took them forever to cash the check, but they finally got to it. That is the last I've heard from them. I'm still waiting on an entry packet or registration number or something. I'd say they processed my check a month ago?

I'm a little nervous to head all that way in the hopes they remember. I'd sure feel better if I had some paperwork to carry with me. Anyone else having this problem?

I made my reservation over the phone and they gave me a confirmation number. Maybe you could phone them to get a confirmation number.

As for the show registration, I will be doing mine this week. I sent the show organizer an email t enquire about what we should receive as confirmation.

I guess that's what happens when a show is organized by the Rotary Club....you know how those Mazda owners are.

We sent our stuff in a timely manner, now if we could just get them to reciprocate.

LOL