From mechanical flex fan to electric fans

stickshift

I agree, you will definately free up some hp when switching from a "flex" fan to electric. The flex fan is known for stealing hp.

Twin fans or single?

Make sure you get one with a shroud to get it's full benefit...I never seen a single fan set-up out perform a two fan set-up so I would suggest two of them... wink

Do a search here there are quite a few threads about electric fans... smile

Twin fans or single?

The 'father of all electric fans', the single Lincoln Mark VIII fan will cool everything you throw at it with it's 4300+ cfm rating...

http://www.dccontrol.com/3018info.htm

And if you go with the Lincoln Mark VIII fan, make sure you get the dual speed fan, not the single speed fan. The dual is the one pulling 4300 cfm.

Otherwise go dual fan with a shroud as stated in prior posts. - Dave

I run a twin fan setup on my big block Monet.

you have twin electric fans on your painting? LOL!

for those who dont' realize. "Monet" (prounouced Moe-nay) was a famous painter.. LOL

sorry ert.. I couldn't let that typo slide :P~

Originally Posted By: monte70car
I run a twin fan setup on my big block Monet.

you have twin electric fans on your painting? LOL!

for those who dont' realize. "Monet" (prounouced Moe-nay) was a famous painter.. LOL

sorry ert.. I couldn't let that typo slide :P~

uh slur.....hiccup......slur.....all this time I thought it was just wine... sick

would it be bad to run the fan without a fan clutch? thats how mine is. just has a spacer.

I would say if you're happy with the car the way it is and it doesn't run hot then don't mess with something that's working for you.... grin

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got an electric fan hooked up. My mechanic had it lying around in the back yard. It is not like the one everyone recomended, but I cant complain because it was free. My temp runs around 185 to 190 degrees. Is that normal? or should it run a little cooler? I will post some pics soon. I'm still going to take you guys advice, but for now I hooked this one up to see how it was gonna do. 100_0262.jpg