Blown small block

USMCBLB125

Hey all,

I'm trying to decide whether to go with a blown small block or a NA big block.

However, I want to keep the stock hood. Does anyone know of a supercharger/small block setup that will fit under the stock hood? If not I guess it makes my choice easy!

I believe there is a small pancake blower on the market. If all else you could go with a belt driven blower which sits either on the drivers side of the motor or the passager side of the motor. What are you looking to do with the car? There is nothing wrong with an NA small block or a good size big block.

check out procharger. im going to be running a d1sc i have no hood clearance problems. i also have a 4 inch cowl hood. how much horse are you trying to make? i thought about a big block instead of a small block with a procharger. in the long run it would probably be cheaper to build a big block n/a. but thats just me.

Any centrifugal type will fit under the hood as the supercharger sits off to the side on a bracket.

ProCharger is definately a good choice.

Winter project is the Pro-Charger. Got to get ready for the grudge match in August of 2010 with Davey. That should make the 502 stand up and talk. Then comes the changing of the rearend to a dana 60. They say it should push 1200 hp. I can feel it now.

Winter project is the Pro-Charger. Got to get ready for the grudge match in August of 2010 with Davey. That should make the 502 stand up and talk. Then comes the changing of the rearend to a dana 60. They say it should push 1200 hp. I can feel it now.

Which one you going one with, the F2?

I can see we're going to have to turn this into a bracket event!!!! Oh..Royce...did I memtion we were doing this on 8" tires???? grin

Thanks for all the input so far. As far as what I want to do with the car... I want it to be quick but streetable. It may see the track on a test and tune day just so I can see what she runs, but bracket racing or anything of the like aren't in my plans. I'd like to end up with around 500 HP.

I'm sure it's much easier and cheaper to do with a big block, but like Scott said the blown sbc just has a cool factor to it. smile

well a very tame small block with a small P1sc or maybe a smaller p600 will make those numbers. are you talking 500 to the ground or flywheel. order the procharger packet with all their info. its got a lot of good info.

Yeah, well i've been doing some reading and I've definitely sold myself on a procharger, but I've changed my plans a little. I want to start with around 400-440 HP flywheel before the procharger, and then depending on the difference in cost I'll order either a P1SC, D1SC or F1. I've ordered the packet though and read through the one they have online. I'm think i'm going to order a 383 from ATK performance, and add the procharger later.

I have a tendency to get carried away! devil