Vic Jr Intake ?

dbreese

Originally Posted By: Reds72WMonte
Doh!!!...just watch your street manners Dave.... grin

X2

You will have severe brake fade grin

Street manners........hummmmmm. Might be just a little radical but not to bad. wink

David

I'm thinking about running a Torker ][ single plane with a lunati voodoo cam.. I'm gonna take my chances on the low end torque.. I'm seriously considering putting my engine on the bottle next spring (About 100shot) and I've been warned by several about using a nitrous plate on dual plane intake....

Timmay, there is nothing wrong with spraying a REASONABLE shot of happy gas through a dual plane intake through a plate. Just keep it under a 150 shot.

My black 90 454SS was mercilessly killed because my freind of 22 years got greedy with a 250 plate shot and a RPM Air Gap. Left #8 piston in the track somewhere. Still ran 11.90s in a 4800 pound truck.

Now the combination is simple. FORGED everything with a 150 shot. Just waiting on cooler weather and my three month suspension to get over. I took my TType out in July and went 10.31 without so much as a helmet or a driveshaft loop. It wan not so much the speed as the first pass I broke the windshield. I got greedy and went for pass #2.

Kinda kills the whole Big Bock VS. Small block doesn't it? The TType is 252 cubes of hell.

Andy

Nice Andy....although a power adder such as a big turbo is the great equalizer...I went up against a Grand National the last time we went to ETown and he went 9.50's at 140mph....I treed him and then he passed me like I was standing still and I all I could hear when he went by was that turbo (it was a time run so no handicap). I'll still take the big block grin

Scott

Andy. yup!! that's why when my budget allows.. I'm looking at building a custom Twin Turbo setup for my monte smile I figure on 7psi of boost I can make at least 600hp :> and retain EXCELLENT street manners smile

i'm choosing the twin route because I want to minimize turbo lag. Iknow modern turbo's dont' lag that bad.. but I want to make sure the boost is as responsive as possible :>

Timmay, as soon as I get some time I will post of the pics of the twin turbo set I sold on eBay earlier this year. Ironically enough it went to a guy with a 70 Monte. Not in the club though. He sent some cool pics of the mock up in the car. The turbo setup had twin 850 Holleys on a 454 boat motor that dynoed at 1350 flywheel horsepower.

Andy

It is more like a hair drier. Just a whistle. And the sound of drag radials trying to break loose. The Regal literally sound like this. Blub Blub Blub, than the sound of a baby crying in the distance. Then at roughly 133 MPH, slam on the brakes and make that right hander to the timing booth to get your slip. Or in my case, haul booty out of there and have your wife get the slip.

Andy

i've always wondered how well a monte would drive with a Turbo 3.8 v6 engine... the monte is only a couple hundred pounds heavier then a 80's G-body regal.......