A member has passed away..... George Lines

Kind of late for a reply to this but my heart felt sympathy goes to George's family and friends!

Reading through this thread makes me remember why I like this club so much, it is truly family here rather than just a club!

Don

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad, sad news...

I have been out of the country for a couple of weeks. Just jumped online and read the news about George Lines. What a blow. As I recall, he was the first person to respond to my first question when I joined the club a couple of years ago. Made me feel right at home.

Luckily, my car is sporting a set of arm rest pads courtesy of George, so I will think of him everytime I sit in the car.

As much as he gave to the club members, I am sure all of you contributed to the quality of his life too. He loved his Monte and loved talking to you about yours.

George Knight

OMG! I just noticed this on the front page.

This is terrible!! My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones.

Man....the world lost a great guy!

I've been out of the loop for a long time. Time does get away from us, then when we find the time to return to the board, it's amazing the changes it has gone through.

It will be quite a change to not have George around. I think he read every new posting, and if he could offer any advice or even just a word of sympathy, he did.

My heart goes out to his friends and family, and I hope that his daughter can find someone who will love his car as much as he did to take care of it and finish any minor touches he didn't get to for him.

Give his daughter our love, sympathy and understanding. Let her know he effected a lot of people across the country and that we'll miss him dearly.

Well George, I don't check in here very often and post even less but news of your passing did catch me by surprise.

I never met you, had only a few contacts with you via this site but reading through all the posts in this message board I came upon a thought. While it is a shame you didn't get to show your Monte and receive all the accolades you deserve for what I gather is a well done reconstruction of a Monte it is obvious you did accomplish something more important than just your project. You had a tremendous effect on numerous people's lives through your efforts to get your car completed and it can easily be assumed that your family and personal friends close to you received an even greater dose of what made you who you were. While you gave the world a rebuilt Monte you gave the people you touched a part of you.

While you may no longer be among the living you have not died until you stop being remembered. I suspect you will live a long time yet sir.

May your spirit be enjoying it's journey George.

Live today, plan tommorrow, remember yesterday and make it as pleasant a journey as you can.

Just learned of George's passing. I appreciated all the info George provided. He was always ready with answers to our many questions. A major asset to FGMCC. Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have not posted here in A long time. But I do browse the board at least once a month. And when I logged on today my wife saw the "in loving memory of George Lines". She yelled out John did you see that and it blew me away. I'm totally upset by this. I wish I had seen this sooner I would have went to the service's. I knew george he was a very nice man. And he loved his monte carlo and this site. If any one has hi.Is daughter's E-mail I would like to E-mail her. RIP George lines A great man that would help out any time John

• 2 months later...

I read 'We Miss You George' under the club logo and wondered what this meant, I did a search for the line thru all the sections and found the subject, I read the header and realised....

suddenly I felt so sad, I dont know why, maybe because I felt George Lines was a part of this group, or maybe cus just prior I was laffing at his daftness on dropping his monte off the jacks.. I dunno what it was but now I feel an unerring sense of loss, this is such sad news, Im sorry. I dont know what else to say.....

Jon :|

• Canuck changed the title to A member has passed away..... George Lines
  • Canuck unpinned this topic