Pinks All Out

Andy's Auto

Just got our two tickets for Pinks All Out on March 16th at Palm Beach International Raceway.

I was planning on running the Turbo Regal and my Malibu but I has an epiffany. I pulled the Malibu out yesterday and decided I am going to pull the bullit out of it and temporarily put the ZL1 headed 496 out and put it in my 71 for a few months. The downer? I have to put a roll bar in it, so I ordered it off of Chassis Engineerings website this morning.

My guess is it should run a 10. on spray. Or just recam it with that .700 lift solid roller sitting in my display case.

I just want the car on TV for once.

IMG_3888.jpg

I missed the last Pinks just by not paying attention, but we all do dumb things. Last year I paid $150 to run a 10.50 race at the track only to figure out that indeed my Malibu does run 10.50s, on a 10.50 tire. Problem is unless you run an 8 second quater mile on the 10.50 tires, you are a chump. Polish American, that is me.

Andy

10.50 is no chump to me, I would love to get to 10.60 just so I could run a heads up index at PSCA. Bracket racing is okay if there's nothing else but heads up in more fun to me.... grin

Dave, 10.50 is great for me but when a guy stages next to you in a 67 Camaro and blasts off an 8.30 on the same tire size as me, it do get frustrating. Some of these 10.50 cars are running 632 cube big blocks with three stages of spray. It has gotten out of hand.

Good luck with the show Andy; I'll be looking for you and the car.

And I agree, some of those 10.5 guys cars are crazy! My friend runs 10.5's and is alomst in the 6's (best of 7.09)

• 4 weeks later...
way too cool, I want to run a pinks event too

Come down to Norwalk, OH at the end of August! Greg and I will be there Saturday Night the 28th (watching!)