Pinks All Out. Had To Leave

Andy's Auto

After running 11.36 last night on spray, I was told my 90 454SS truck did not meet track safety requirement, so we became spectaters.

Running my own race I really paid little attention to the sea of Pro ET and Super Pro cars there. This morning was a wake up call. I have never seen so many 10.50 cars with parachutes in my life. I think it would be proper to at least disconnect the brake light switches to make things a little less obvious. Nothing like seeing a solid 8.50 go flat after the wheel stand.

Did not get to see Rich but my wife got a couple of cool pics of me and Ken Herring, Clay Milliken, and Willie B.Ok, no clue who the Willie guy was, I guess he replaced the Pritchard brothers after they left.

As soon as hunny bunny makes it back with the camera I'll load up the pics.

Getting old and the back was killing me so we headed out early. They are running the fast 32 right now.

Andy

Sorry you got ruled out Andy. On the other cars, are you saying they were all trying to look faster than they were or something? I'm just confused. Explain what the Pro ET and Super Pro classes mean. I have obviously never had to play in those classes with my mid-high 12's lol

Basically Scott it's so much for the "all I ask is that you run your car all out" thing. It's 8.50 cars hitting the brakes for a 10.50 run, those pesky stop lights screw up everything.

The problem with Pinks now is it has become a traveling circus. There's a group of guys that just follow it around because I guess they have nothing better to do. I'm starting to see the same guys episode after episode, they ruined it IMHO.

Scott, do you remember the roll bar debate a couple of weeks ago over at Team Chevelle? All those guys saying "I run 9's and 10's all the time with no roll bar/cage". Well it's funny that the first three guys that have reported track time since then have all got the boot for going too fast.....Like Dr. House says.."everybody lies".... grin

Dang Andy that sucks. Exactly what did they say that didn't meet the safety requirements?

Looking forward to seeing the pics. smile

I'm guessin' one of these...

7001_drawing.jpg

Originally Posted By: Jared Richey
Dang Andy that sucks. Exactly what did they say that didn't meet the safety requirements?

7001_drawing.jpg

Thats what I was thinking anyway lol

Hey Dave, I don't go over to team chevelle hardly anymore but anyone saying they're running 9s and 10s with no cage is full of it. I've heard some of the same crap even about the local 1/8 mile tracks, but still no roll bar....even though they supposedly have run multiple times ( low 7s).

Originally Posted By: Reds72WMonte
Originally Posted By: Jared Richey

7001_drawing.jpg

Thats what I was thinking anyway lol

Hey Dave, I don't go over to team chevelle hardly anymore but anyone saying they're running 9s and 10s with no cage is full of it. I've heard some of the same crap even about the local 1/8 mile tracks, but still no roll bar....even though they supposedly have run multiple times ( low 7s).

yeah there's a lot of bravato over there, some times it's really funny.....

I'm with ya now Dave. I misunderstood. If it is all super fast guys just half [you said a naughty!]ing their cars, that takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Nothing like seeing a solid 8.50 go flat after the wheel stand.

I agree, some of the most boring racing that one could watch. I would rather see a 13 second car giving his all to win.

Bummer you got kicked out.

Guest 72yellowmc,Robyn

Running my own race I really paid little attention to the sea of Pro ET and Super Pro cars there. This morning was a wake up call. I have never seen so many 10.50 cars with parachutes in my life. I think it would be proper to at least disconnect the brake light switches to make things a little less obvious. Nothing like seeing a solid 8.50 go flat after the wheel stand

I hope it don't come the ol throttle stop bs ... it seems like they really police the cars to make sure there not diving at the mid track / finish line.

I know, I suck at pics. Just having a hard time with diabetes. Keep on sleeping my weekends away. I get back to the doctor on Weds.

And yup, the rollcage was my undoing. Not gonna get one either. Way too nice a truck to cut it up.

I shall try diligently to get the pics up tonight.

Andy

I know, I suck at pics. Just having a hard time with diabetes. Keep on sleeping my weekends away. I get back to the doctor on Weds.

And yup, the rollcage was my undoing. Not gonna get one either. Way too nice a truck to cut it up.

I shall try diligently to get the pics up tonight.

Andy

Andy,

Type 1 or 2? God Bless you cause that is a horrible cronic disease. If type 1 hang in there cause they are working really hard on a cure. May not come out of the US but Europe or South America look promising. They are pretty far ahead of the curve in research. No FDA regs to follow and not nearly as political in nature in their stem cell research. If type 2 you know the drill.

Bummer about Pinks.

Take care of yourself,

David

Thanks guys. Just been super tired and I just thought I was working too hard. Been real lax on testing after Phil ate my last test kit. I am Type2. Been in the mid to high 200s. Not good. I feel ok, just tired. Getting another MRI for my blowed out discs tomorrow. Than Thursday to my primary care doctor to see if they are going to up my meds.

Pinks was actually kinda cool just my mood would not let me enjoy being a spectator. I have never competitively raced past a few trophy runs. I just do it for self enjoyment. If I can;t get this sugar issue in check soon there might not be anything to onjoy at all.

Andy

Andy

i know I enjoy the races a lot more where I'm trying to shove my foot thru the floor board, begging the car for every .001 it can muster up.. then I do running away with the race...

Andy;

I understand where your coming from. I have Diabetes and have had for 7 years. It's a b$t^h to keep the balance. I have to work at it all the time. I'm having problems keeping it under 7 on my A1C. Good luck and thoughts are with you.

Cool pic Andy!!! You should take Rich's job!! At least ya know about cars!

About your diabetes, have you talked to your doctor about the insulin pump? I know in some cases of type 2's using it PM me and I can give you more details if ya already don't know.

David

Thats sucks about getting kicked out. And like everyone else had said good luck getting your count leveled out. My Mom has Diabetes and had a scare right there at the end of her Chemo treatments. Gotta stay on top of that stuff.

And are sure that pictures to scale?!... I thought you were talling than the Christmas Tree? lol Cool pic