Training

Chevyss

I have a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. If a person needs to practice his reaction time is there a way to do it off the track? There must be something one can do before he goes to the track.

you know the whole light thing is interesting. The tracks I go to on a regular basis use either a Protree (.5, yellow-green) or a Sportsman tree (.4, 3 yellow-green) depending on the class (I run in two classes that use each eek). But each of them takes a little different method to keep from going red. I can use one method at Fontana and the same method will go red at Vegas, you have to adjust. I also found out the I had to adjust my method as I got the car to react better at launch. As the car began to go out rather than up I have to build in more light time or go red. The point being test the lights at every track and when ever you make suspension or power changes... crazyDavey

Thats 1/2 second after green. What are you waiting for Tim. The goal is to be moving already when it turns green. .060 is a fair light. You need more practice Tim.

Tim has got to be kidding around, he's referring to a .500 tree, meaning his reaction time is .001. I call b.s. also... lol

Originally Posted By: Allan
Thats 1/2 second after green. What are you waiting for Tim. The goal is to be moving already when it turns green. .060 is a fair light. You need more practice Tim.

Tim has got to be kidding around, he's referring to a .500 tree, meaning his reaction time is .001. I call b.s. also... lol

that's exactly what he's referring too

I have pull one! .501 light at that track, and many .499's kicking

I like to go to this site ever now and then, I don't know how accurate it is, but its a .500 system.

Its called Create a Ride. I know I know a bunch of ricers, but ok to practice on the tree. I did cut a .500 one time.

We used to play around on this site in Middle School. lol Scroll through the backdrops, the backdrop button is in the bottom right of the screen till you get to the dragstrip and tree.

Dennyweb.com Creat a Ride

The only thing about tree practice things, is it takes longer for your brain to send a signal to your hand that it does to your foot.

Thanks everyone for sharing of the knowledge. I really appreciate it. Order goes in today.

only if you promise to run the car and not just play with that thing..... grin

Yea: I hope he's not going to just sit in his lawn chair at the show with his helmet on stomping the ground all day....?

Royce, even the pro's use the small handheld practice tree. It is all a matter of training your eye. Once you get the hang of the hand held one go back to the track and work out what it means to your car. It might be a bit late to practice leaving on the last amber and you might have to anticipate it a bit more. It might even work out to be a bit early, but I doubt it.

put the big mack and milk shake down and nail the LOUD PEDDAL!!! shifter

Overheard at the show:

"I think we're all ready to go to breakfast, but where's Royce?"

"Oh, he was up late last night, and he's still in his motel room getting ready."

mainImage.jpg

Overheard at the show:

"I think we're all ready to go to breakfast, but where's Royce?"

"Oh, he was up late last night, and he's still in his motel room getting ready."

mainImage.jpg

last yellow go......last yellow go........last yellow go.......last yellow go.........I've got to concentrate.....concentrate......concentrate..........echo......echo......echo......