Drag Race Suspension

Jared Richey

Pics and Details to come soon. Here is a list of whats getting done, dropped the car off yesterday....

Rear Suspension upgrades:

Coilover Shocks

Anti-Roll Bar

Adustable upper arms

Tubular lower arms

**Also longer rear wheel studs to replace stripped studs that has occured, but all 10 will be replaced.

Front Upgrades:

Drag Shocks

Springs

Installation of Line Lock

Racing Harnesses to be Installed on both seats, Approved in Date.

They have done a First Gen Monte before and my car will be getting the same rear suspension upgrade treatment as this car did a year or so ago...This thing really comes off the line!

20082009pictures152.jpg

Coil overs? Like shocks with helpers or true coil overs? My best advice is simple. Get the rear end as low as you can with springs, use a good set off Chassis or Moroso rear shocks, 90/10s in the front and let her rip.

Lowering the rear suspension changes your pinion angle negating wheel hop.

True Coil overs. This is not your $300 suspension upgrade. eek

Hope to have some pics soon. As of Monday work was just about to start on it.

GM factory 4 links really don't need much to make them good up to probably a 9 second car. The right springs, adj uppers, adj shocks, good bushings and a anti rollbar will get it done just fine.....anything more than that and you're wasting your money...

Here are a few pics of just some of the parts. you'll see the upper and lower arms, and coilover shocks.

Assembly Process Album on Facebook

Front shocks and springs along with rearend studs anti roll was not yet brought to the shop yet, it was at Jeremy's house.

Everything finally came in today. Work will finally start Saturday.

1001150k.jpg

Looks like nice parts Jared, can't wait to see the install pics smile

ditto

Gee... do ya think I could sneak that upgrade to the mods I've already done past da wife?

Hmmmm...I'm thinking not...LOL.

J-Rattius, I cannot wait to see the finish product. Those QA1s are gonna make you feel like a super hero when you get the dampers right. They are very forgiving.

And as usual, I am with Davey on not overthinking too much of the 4 link rear. GM did an awesome job. Mr Malibu has seen a high 9 on stock location everything with good Carolina built Metvco control arms.

Axles? Studs? You are calling Summit to get a set of hotties right? The Mosers are something like $260 with the long studs already installed. Nothing says I love you like a set of axles that do not break.

I already got good axles, just the studs in the axles are the screw in kind and 2 of them stripped. frown

But I need longer studs anyway. With my bullet hole drag lites the studs only lay flush with the wheels, not nhra legal and easy to cross thread. eek

Work is going well. Here is a few pics. Rear control arms were installed, Anti-roll still needed to be installed along with the coilovers on the shocks.

Front suspension was ready for new springs and shocks.

SEE MORE PICS HERE ON FACEBOOK...

Assembly Process Album

1001235z.jpg

jared about your avatar

Quote:
I've got the Fastest Set of Wheels in Town

and your wheels are in the trunk of whose car?

I'm gonna try and figure this one out...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok check the rest out on facebook....

More Pics

0619001411.jpg

A few things I added to the list were converting the car to Manual Brakes, its so much easier to stop now not having to push throught the power booster. Also the new exhaust.