rocker molding

allchevy

Been through this many times, you can get them through a paint supply store, Part #s Auveco 8400 or W&E # 352. They are a nylon clip, less than 20 bucks for a box of 25, you will only need 20 for the car.

I have gotten them for plenty of people,and Leo Konik stocks them now I think also. They work perfect on the moldings, plus you dont have to worry about any metal to metal contact rubbing through.

If you cant find them, let me know, I can usually get them within a week, the ones that come with the moldings will destroy your new moldings, dont try and use them. If you want to stay original, use the ones Rob posted, but they will run you a couple of bucks a piece.

Let me know if you cant find them, I can send them out to you no problem.

Edit,,, I just checked my garage, I used to keep a set on hand,but must have sent the last set out to someone, check with any paint supply place or body shop, you should be able to find them locally

Thanks I'll check today, Hate to wait on things. Trying to get one thing done at a time so I'm not jumping all over the place. Got enough parts scattered around now.

we sell the plastic clips Tony is talking about ,i never sell the clips that come with the Covax mouldings i inform people about the clips and offer them the better clip, i have complained to the manufacturer to no avail , i am going to send the a huge pile back someday as i refuse to sell them with the mouldings , makes a big differance when you install the products you sell

Leo

The Corvex clips can be modified to work, but what is your time worth? It takes around 15 minutes a each. One screw up and you dent the molding, which is so cheesy it is not hard to straighten. I used them on both the 70 and 71.

Got my clips today. You were right on the mark. The Auveco 8400's worked great. Nice and snug. Thanks again! I ordered an extra box for anyone else later if they need it. pretty cheap.

Thanks again.

Glad they worked out for you. Several members have used them at this point,and I kept a stock on hand,but ran out. Its good to know that Leo stocks them also.

I took an original clip to my paint rep,and he located the

Auveco ones along with the W&E companies as well.

I also used a metal clip that had a threaded end on the back side for the front hole in my fender,and bolted it from the backside. Just for added protection I guess grin

• 2 months later...

I just ordered a set for my 72. I wish i knew of these when I was restoring the 70. I purchased the original type for the 70 from a Chevy dealer back in 2000. I tried the dealer for the original type today but they could not get them anymore.

I just ordered a set for my 72. I wish i knew of these when I was restoring the 70. I purchased the original type for the 70 from a Chevy dealer back in 2000. I tried the dealer for the original type today but they could not get them anymore.

So far noone has had an issue with them! I gave an original one to my rep,and he got me the Auveco and W&E parts to match it. They both work fine