Viva Las Vegas....

CrazyDavey

Got back from the PSCA meet in Vegas, we had a great time. Got to try out the new changes to the Velle and was pretty pleased. Red was in the zone with her crew chief duties, got under the car and yanked out the rear coil springs and shoved the other ones in. Then her call of the week....she got into a discussion with one of our friends there about jetting for the weather. She turns to me and says "here's what I think we should do, put the jets back to where they were and go up one step too, I've been watching how to do it"....so okay Buttercup, go for it...well she did, changed them front and back herself and guess what, the car went faster!!!

Best ET was 10.67, best MPH was 126.23, all the runs were faster than any previous run, the first time that's ever happened. It was 100 degrees and the DA was ranging between 5000 and 5500 feet! Now we'll see what it does at Fontana where the DA will be down to 3000'.

To make things even sweeter I made it to the final round in PSCA trophy (6 rounds) but lit the red one. Still got the runner up trophy and a trip to Winners Circle so it was all good...the car worked its butt off and did good...they even mentioned Crazy Davey over the PA.... crazy

here's the exterior and in car of the semi round win...who wants to look at red lights... grin

in car..

Davey.....

Holy bejeesus Davey. Bring that bad boy over here and get a true sea level run. 126 is getting to Malibu territory. Which I drove and did a helluve burnout today. loL.

Got trumped by Mud Drags on Saturday but we will run something this Weds.

To those small block running cars, two tenths in the tens is like building a whole nuther car.

Davey my mam, congrats on imporovements that actually made the car go faster.

Andy

Pretty good job... cool

When you have the camera in the car how do you fasten it? I would like to try that view.

Dave, what gear are you running? It sounds like Torque Monster might MPH a little better. I know we are close on power and most don't get the 130 on Bu. I wanted to cross at 6400 where I shift. So I took ot the 4.10s and put in 3.42s. Et stayed the same but the MPH went from 128 to 130.03.

I did not see the vids until now. Where does one get an incar camera?

That thing is a beast. Now enjoy it for awhile. Or open up that wallet until you are a 7.70 10.5 car.

Laters

Andy

Nice Runs and video! And if I ever get my drag racing career started I might be looking for a crew cheif... So be careful Dave, I might wanna try and steal your mechanic!

Wow nice runs Dave! Love the in car shot, what camera are you using? I bought a Flip Ultra HD last weekend and it takes great video, just need to rig up a mount for using it in the car.

thanks guys....

Andy...the Velle has 3:73's with 28's

Andy/Bill/Ian...

the camera is a 6 year old Kodak digital. I put Velcro on the bottom of the camera and the top of the dash and steady it with two strips of duct tape...put it video mode and hit record just before the run...pretty sophisticated huh....Red vid's the outside with a Sony DVD Handycam......I try to match the exteriors with an in car...Davey

Those were some great shots Davey. You are really lucky to have your crew chief and she can change jets on the carb. It's been so long I don't think I could remember how to do it. You two make a great pair. Looking forward to seeing you in August.

thanks Royce..she wants to learn everything she can about the motor. I'm taking her down the the shop this weekend and we're going to go over some of the motors down there.

She even started kind of managing the runs...you know like..."okay, when you make this run we have some time so I'll meet you back at the trailer, I want to put it on the battery charger and check the ice"....also helps me decide on what to dial....gotta love it.... grin

Look Davey Berstein, you completely ruined it for all of us. We are looking for a top of the line NASCAR style dash mount camera and you give us an Easy Share with some duct tape?

Which lends us to the thought, "Why did I not think of that"

Andy

Velcro and duct tape...simplicity... grin

I already have a velcro strip on my dash for my radar detector...and I have "black" duct tape (gotta match the dash... wink ) sitting in my drawer so I'm good to go.

Quote:
Adhesive tape (specifically masking tape) was invented in the 1920's by Richard Drew of Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing, Co. (3M). Duct tape (the WWII military version) was first created and manufactured in 1942 (approximate date) by the Johnson and Johnson Permacel Division. Its closest predecessor was medical tape.
The original use was to keep moisture out of the ammunition cases. Because it was waterproof, people referred to the tape as "Duck Tape." Also, the tape was made using cotton duck - similar to what was used in their cloth medical tapes. Military personnel quickly discovered that the tape was very versatile and used it to fix their guns, jeeps, aircraft, etc. After the war, the tape was used in the booming housing industry to connect heating and air conditioning duct work together.
Soon, the color was changed from Army green to silver to match the ductwork and people started to refer to duck tape as "Duct Tape." Things changed during the 1970s, when the partners at Manco, Inc. placed rolls of duct tape in shrink wrap, making it easier for retailers to stack the sticky rolls. Different grades and colors of duct tape weren´t far behind. Soon, duct tape became the most versatile tool in the household.

Duct tape history!!

Everything you ever wanted to know about Duct Tape ...but were afraid to ask!!