Velle went a bit faster...

CrazyDavey

Ran the Summit ET event at Fontana this weekend. The Velle did pretty good and continued to improve. Didn't win in eliminations but the car ran near perfect and I cut some great lights (my best was a .008), the other guy just did better.

Anyway new best ET was 10.43....new best 1/8th was 6.61....and new best 60' was 1.45....when it decided to run 10.40's it was serious, all the runs were in the 10.40's and the 60's only varied .03....

here's a couple of shots of our little track space. Once again Red handled the jet changes, she's got that down good now!!

100_5992.jpg

100_5993.jpg

now here's an elimination round...I'll let Red's normal video description speak for itself.. (sorry this camera doesn't zoom)

this is a vid of the 10.43 run...hope you enjoy this rare film of a very early Monte Carlo prototype.... grin

crazy

Oh Poop! Was that what I heard? Great racing Davey. That velle is really hooking up. 10s is great. 124mph. Man I hope someday I can get there if I can ever get the car to stay working long enough to get to the track. Waiting on trans brake solenoid now. Started leaking last week. TCI is sending another one. See YA soon.

Sweet! Love the set up, starting to look like a professional race team.....without the full team (who needs more then the driver and Red? grin). That trailer is begging for an attached awning. Wish I lived closer.

thanks everyone!!

Yeah that's what she said....Oh....Poop!! After "go little

Smart car...hurry" this was simple and to the point... grin

It was kind of funny but when Red was under the hood changing jets some guys noticed and came over to watch. They were amazed and talked to her quite a bit. I was happy for her, she is quite proud of her new found talent.... wink

As far as 9.99....geez I don't think so, is tempting though. Gets more expensive with having to add on the cage pieces, chassis cert and all the other NHRA things in the rulebook. After all the trash talking I've done about nitrous I can't use that... grin...I think by this fall I might be able to get it down in the 10.20's but that's probably about it and that's a stretch.

I wish a lot of us lived closer, it would be fun to get together, visit the track and help each other run our cars. I can not tell all of you how much I enjoy being at the track and racing, it's a life long dream and I'd be there very day if I could. The people you meet and the relationship you develop are just awesome. The things you try out and seeing the car improve is really satisfying.

Thanks to all of you and FGMCC for putting up with my Velle posts, it means a lot to me. Besides, Red would never let me do this to her Monte, it's to nice of a car to beat on like this... grin Davey

Dave, I love reading your posts about the "Velle" Its quite impressive...It doesnt have to be Monte related, heck,people put up with my Mustang posts grin

I dont think people on other forums are too willing to accept other cars into the threads, Ive gone through it when I was on a Cougar forum with my screen name....7t-oneMonte!!

Ford people arent as freindly, so I posted some pics of what I did to the car, and politely said goodbye kicking

33501930099_large.jpg

33501930101_large.jpg

Steve I'll be buyin' Lotto tickest so we can have a drag racing meet somewhere.....might force Scott to get that aluminum hood!!

Tony, I'll bet the Ford guys loved that...I can hear them now...somebody needs to save that car....yikes....