What is it?

maddmann313

it's common to drill a small hole thru the throttle butterflies to help an engine with a big cam idle a little better by letting mroe air through so you can close the butterflies back down to where the idle ajustment screws actually work.

here ya go.

the two holes in the center are for attaching the butterfly. the 3rd hole on it's own near the bottom is the extra drilled hole. these are for a quadrajet, but it's the same thing.

plates.jpg

Try a bigger cam that needs them.

I would just leave them. Adjust your idle mixture screws with a vaccum gauge and set the idle speed correctly. As long as the butterflies are in a correct position on the transfer slot after doing that you will be fine. The holes will most likely not even be noticed.

I agree with the Wolfinator. Bolt it on and back the idle speed screw out and see if it will idle where you need it. It is only a problem if the idle is too high.

And NOOO to the JB weld thing. If the crud falls in the intake there will be hell to pay.

I agree with the Wolfinator. Bolt it on and back the idle speed screw out and see if it will idle where you need it. It is only a problem if the idle is too high.

And NOOO to the JB weld thing. If the crud falls in the intake there will be hell to pay.

ditto

a) you can't "Solder" aluminum.

B) JB weld is a bad idea.. it will just get brittle and fall out.

I doubt it would be enough to do any damage, but you never know.