I need a flywheel inspection cover

Marc A.

One of the things my Monte came without is a flywheel inspection cover. It seems to me that it's just begging for debris/rocks to jump in there when the car's in motion, so I'd love to get a replacement cover and install it.

Can anybody lend advice as to where I'd go about getting one for my 1970?

i wouldn't worry that much about it. I've never had one on my monte and never had any issues... in fact, leo is the only guy i've ever talked to, who has had a problem.

speaking of Which, leo has some used ones available.. otherwise just about any parts catalog should sell them, they're a standard piece. some of the repop catalogs carry them too.. with a hefty price.

i wouldn't worry that much about it. I've never had one on my monte and never had any issues... in fact, leo is the only guy i've ever talked to, who has had a problem.

speaking of Which, leo has some used ones available.. otherwise just about any parts catalog should sell them, they're a standard piece. some of the repop catalogs carry them too.. with a hefty price.

No kidding? I admit that I know little about this stuff, but it just looks like it's welcoming the environment to get in there and screw stuff up.

I'll chat with Leo about it—in fact, he and I connected today about panels and other stuff. Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted By: Allan
GO to your local GM dealer. They still stock them.

Wow … they must not change very much over the years?

there is honestly nothing up there for anything to get into..

the only possible problem might be getting a rock stuck between the flexplate or torqueconverter and the surrounding block or bell housing... leo got a rock jammed up in his starter I think it was.

i've never had one on my monte. .been driving it for 6 years and around 50,000 miles with no problems.

Imagine if you will? flying down the highway and suddenly you run over an ottoman.. lol there's a good possibility that some of its debris may enter the bell-housing cavity. grin Specially the upholstery! kicking

Originally Posted By: kc8oye

Imagine if you will? flying down the highway and suddenly you run over an ottoman.. lol there's a good possibility that some of its debris may enter the bell-housing cavity. grin Specially the upholstery! kicking

kicking

rofl

kickingrofl

Stop picking on Tim,I want to do it.

Tim,I feel for ya,welcome to the whipping boy club.