caution Velle post...

CrazyDavey

Run race #3 Summit ET Series today. Fontana had a bad head/cross wind so they had to cut it down to a 1/8th mile. Car ran between 6.55 and 6.52 so all considered not bad.

Finally got my 1.39 60' so I'm very happy with that....made it into the 4th round which is a good day for me...

couple of vid's....

this is the 1.39 60' pass

this is a round win..just a different view...

Davey

Dave, curious as someone who has only run about 2 times on a track, is there anything you change with the setup of the car to run 1/8 miles as opposed to a 1/4 mile?

Congrats on hitting that 60' time you wanted

Tony when they make a "at the time" decision like that there's not much to change. Maybe your shift points but I didn't change anything. If you ran the 1/8th regularly you would probably run with lower gears...

Mike I played with the tire pressures some. I'm up another pound which it seemed to like. 1.41 was my worst 60'...

Andy I didn't get to do the track rental thing, we got rained out. We have another on this Friday so I'll play some more then. I need to figure out what's going on with the car cutting out like it is right now...

Thanks Vaughn

Scott is would start breaking up at the top of second gear, I would shift to third, it would recover for a moment and then start acting like it was going to cut out only worse...

Jake that's a great qustion, I wonder if anyone has ever computed that. I know Scott said that when his Camaro leaves like that it's kinda violent. Mine doesn't feel all that violent, you can just really feel it hook, the wheels leaving the ground and the carry which feels kinda cool.... wink

Good job Dave!!! 1.39 60' has got to be a rush......!!! It is funny when you make enough launches how you can tell just by the feel the car that it is hooking. Even when I had my old combo I could tell when the thing was hooking. Felt really cool and that was just 1.7's 60' I hope my 60' times will drop a little with the new engine.

David

A 1.39 60 ft. has gotta feel awesome. A fast 60ft. is what makes drag racing fun. My 1.62 is a thrill but is wearing off, I would love to feel a 1.39... cool

Jake, according to the Wallace Racing Calculator I found it computs to .97 g's.....

Scott, it breaks up more than falls down, I'm thinking maybe some crap in the micron filter, reg, needle/seats...something like that because it happened all of a sudden. I'll pull it apart and see what I can find...

Dave, it's true, I can tell by the feel if it hooked or not, after all this time you can just tell

thanks Mike!!

Bill I gotta admit it feels really cool, I've waited a long time to have a car that would do this..makes it tons of fun... wink

Thanks for sharing Davey. That car looks so smooth when it launches. Straight as an arrow. You've got it really dialed in. Can't wait until spring so I can get serious about the track with the Monte.

Its a very weird feeling.....Wallace racing calculators has one that measures it I remember it was over 1g. I know I felt a little nauseous and my eyes blurred....I found as long as I kept my body and little tense it was ok smile