TH350?

beater72

Hello everyone!

Can anybody tell me if a 454 will fit in front of a turbo 350? I realize a turbo 400 is probably the way to go, but will it work? What mods do I need to do if it will? Can you change bellhousings like you can on a C4 ford? I'm just doing some research.

Yes Sir. A TH 350 has the same style bell housing as the TH 400.

I swapped out my small block 350 and bolted up a BB454 to my stock TH350. I have a friend that also has a TH350 bolt up to his 468BIG BLOCK in his mud truck.

Yep it will bolt right up, Chevy used the same bellhousing pattern on all v8 engines, and the 4.3 V6 is the same too. The other GMs had different pattern, but some were BOP and had both patterns on them (extra holes)

Simple bolt in. Tranny lines are the same, shift linkage too. The output shaft is smaller on the 350 and you will need to scoot the crossmember forward a bit but the bolt holes are there. Other than that beat the snot out of it. 400s are ge=reat trannies but I keep a TCI 350 behind my Dart headed 496 with well over 300 passes on it and have yet to break it.

Yes you can bolt a 454 onto the turbo 350 . no change of bell housing needed or possible . hook up the vacuum line and detent cable your ready to drive . The turbo 350 is a fairly stout trans unless you plan to beat on it with the big block.