FAN QUESTION

vince

I have a solid 6 blade fan bolted straight to the water pump. One if the blades is slightly bent, Can this bent blade cause a vibration issue when I reach 60-65 mph?

I ruled out the following components,

front bearings(new inner and outer)

wheel alignment(had it checked twice)

bent drive shaft(sent out to be balanced)

tire balance (checked out by discount tire)

I am running out of options, I only feel it when I reach higher speeds.

I would think a fan out of balance would cause a vibration at a certain RPM in all 3 (or 4) gears. It would be a bit of work but remove the fan blade and drive it. It shouldn't overheat if you don't get stuck in traffic.

Bruce

It's possible. Try driving at 65 and when you feel the vibration put the car in neutral, the RPM's will drop way down along with the fan speed. If the vibration goes away then it is the fan...or could be something else unrelated that is in your driveline.

It's possible. Try driving at 65 and when you feel the vibration put the car in neutral, the RPM's will drop way down along with the fan speed. If the vibration goes away then it is the fan...or could be something else unrelated that is in your driveline.

ditto

free revving the engine in park will give you the answer, if it doesn't do it in park, it's not the engine, it's the more than likely a driveshaft angle issue with seeing everything else you already checked

Sorry for my late reply to your post. I was preoccupied with some sad news of my daughters friend being in a fatal accident. I didn't have time to log on this week.

I will try the netural trick and see what happens.

Sam: Could having big block front springs or Air bags in rear springs cause the issue with the drive shaft angle?