Ac hose leak

LuckyKenny

Okay so whenever the car gets to a high RPM the ac hose squirts out liquid and it sprays onto the exhaust manifold.

Is this just something i should patch or is it something underlying??

Ps it smells like burger king when it leaks and burns so i kind of like it. Probably not the healthiest thing to be breathing in hahah

Thanks guys

Are you sure it's the ac line? Could it be a heater hose going to the heater core? If your ac is leaking, chances are you have to replace the lines. It should be under pressure so there aren't any methods to patching the line.

If freon is leaking out, it won't take long at all till it no longer cools the air. I'm assuming your A/C works fine, cold on a hot day? As David said above, was the A/C turned on when this happened? The A/C compressor will also work if the selector is in the defog position so it's not just on when it's in the A/C position. Perhaps you have a dead rat near the exhaust and that's what you smell! kidding

1) Ac compressor was not turned on. Completely turned off/ fan too.

2)It only happens when the car is revved really high or is at a high rpm.

3)It sprays out onto the exhaust manifold, smells like food burning with a hint of plastic.

4)It happened again last night when i "raced" a fox body at a light

5)I'm beginning not to care anymore lol

Revving the engine with the A/C in the off position will not build any more pressure in the system to cause a leak. Clean everything off real good and see if you can figure where the leak is from. You can spray foot powder (on a cold engine) on the A/C line to trace the leak. Might help cover up the Burger King smell! lol I think you are getting oil vapors from a breather that are going on the exhaust.

Revving the engine with the A/C in the off position will not build any more pressure in the system to cause a leak. Clean everything off real good and see if you can figure where the leak is from. You can spray foot powder (on a cold engine) on the A/C line to trace the leak. Might help cover up the Burger King smell! lol I think you are getting oil vapors from a breather that are going on the exhaust.

I don't know.....

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4283.jpgIMG_4282-1.jpgIMG_4281.jpg