tcs solenoid

$trainman

I know you'll must be getting tired of all my questions, but, the beast is almost done so please be patient. 72 350 4bbl 350th trans. there is a what I think is called a tcs solenoid on the manifold on the right side. It has 1, 2 wire plug and and 2 vac fittings one goes to the dist vac the other goes to the carb. There is 1 vac fitting on the other side where the wires plug in, WHERE DOES THAT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am at wits end.

Thanks Again

DAN

I know 71 was a one piece then 72 changed and I don't know for sure but could the extra vacuum port be a spot for a filter like shown in the 71 drawing above? I have one of these units that I think came off my Dad's 72 350 2BBL and there is only two fittings, not three. Could yours be from a California system?

Bruce

On a 1970 TCS solenoid - the port where the wires attach is for carb vacuum source, on the other side of the solenoid - the port angled upwards goes to the distributor and the other port is for vacuum let off, which on a 1970 attaches to the top rear of the carb port.HTH.

JimB104.jpg