Repainted lower body

Canuck

Hey guys, I just repainted the lower body section of the car. The lower part of the rocker panel was kind of grey and the frame that sticks down below the body was rusty brown. There was also gold over spray here and there. This did not look good standing at a distance.

I decided to finally repaint these areas and it's amazing how much better the car looks. I used a semi gloss black for this area as it seemed to work out well for my 70 when I painted this area on that car several years ago. It's hard to see in these photos but I painted the visible body edge behind the rear wheels below the wheel well trim also and it looks good.

Here's a pic while painting. I mask everything when painting, LOL

The driver's side. Also painted a new set of Vette rallys for the 72 Monte that day.

0104.JPG

0095.JPG

0116.JPG

This is not expensive and just takes a little time. Repainting this area can really improve the look of a Monte. In the end you don't really see it but that's the whole idea.

Great job. Like Tony said it's all about the details which add up to "cleaner" looking car.

Looks good Aaron. I need to do that to my Monte. cool

ditto

Aaron - the black continues up under the sill plates, right?

I know this has been discussed before on the forum; I'll have to look for it.

Originally Posted By: Montecruiser
Looks good Aaron. I need to do that to my Monte. cool

ditto

Aaron - the black continues up under the sill plates, right?

I know this has been discussed before on the forum; I'll have to look for it.

Yes it does. In my case, I didn't want to mask off the intirior, etc so I just sprayed the part visible from the outside for now. Someday when I replace the carpet I'll get the door sill area done. smile

That will look good Aaron.

When did you say you were comimg out to my place? Mid June? mmmmmmmm How long are you staying for? mmmmmmmm I think I have a plan for your visit. grin

That will look good Aaron.

When did you say you were comimg out to my place? Mid June? mmmmmmmm How long are you staying for? mmmmmmmm I think I have a plan for your visit. grin

If I do it for all your Montes, then Pat will want me to paint his three Montes... It will never end... maybe I should quit accounting and travel the world painting rocker panels. smile