454 question

ScottNM

Originally Posted By: NateZ
Thanks for correcting me. After many long minutes of research, it has been determined that my Monte is truly a 1 of 1: a 1970 Nickey-Yenko-Baldwin Motion COPO LS-6 Monte Carlo convertible with a M-25 rock "insulter" five-speed automatic (1 of 1 prototype transmission built by Oldsmobile). I installed the M-19 rock "curser" manual trans to save on gas. You know, don't want people to get the facts wrong. grin

I think all you need for setting people straight is to show 'em your paperwork. The original authentication/certification/validation signatures from Dick Harrell, Don Yenko, Joel Rosen, and Joe Mondello should carry some weight. And, man, you've even got a Galen Govier signature and a Marti Report too, don't you?

wink

Dave

Well of course I have all those! Even better I have signed affidavits from every person on the assembly line in 1969 who built it. Tracking them down was difficult of course, but I used my connections at Government Motors (GM).

You crack me up as always, Dave. grin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: David Mau
Originally Posted By: NateZ
Thanks for correcting me. After many long minutes of research, it has been determined that my Monte is truly a 1 of 1: a 1970 Nickey-Yenko-Baldwin Motion COPO LS-6 Monte Carlo convertible with a M-25 rock "insulter" five-speed automatic (1 of 1 prototype transmission built by Oldsmobile). I installed the M-19 rock "curser" manual trans to save on gas. You know, don't want people to get the facts wrong. grin

I think all you need for setting people straight is to show 'em your paperwork. The original authentication/certification/validation signatures from Dick Harrell, Don Yenko, Joel Rosen, and Joe Mondello should carry some weight. And, man, you've even got a Galen Govier signature and a Marti Report too, don't you?

wink

Dave

Well of course I have all those! Even better I have signed affidavits from every person on the assembly line in 1969 who built it. Tracking them down was difficult of course, but I used my connections at Government Motors (GM).

You crack me up as always, Dave. grin

You could have saved a ton of time if you would have found a car with AF RPO, it is the autographed firewall option, problem was that you have to order the NO A/C option so there was enough room for all the line workers to sign it.