Header advice

ScottNM

X2

I have a set of Hedmans on my 454. They fit great with no grinding or having to relocate anything. I wouldn't recomend using the gaskets that come with them however. I did have some exhaust leaks until I spent the money on Percy's Gaskets. Spendy but a quality product and re-usable. Another David lol

I am running Hooker Ceramic Coated Competition Headers in my car, 2" primary tube and 3.5" collector diameter. I am also running 3.5" exhaust all the way back, with the H pipe for tuning. It's a tight squeeze on the driver's side by the clutch linkage (4-speed manual Borg-Warner Super T-10), but it does fit. The part number is 2455-1HKR and orderable right through Summit. Here is a link for you:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-2455-1HKR/

I hope this helps!

-James

Hooker Competition 2" headers painted black. Once you test fit them to determine if you need to dimple the drivers side to clear your steering shaft, send them off to be ceramic coatted, and you will be a happy camper. Don't forget to relocate your brake proportioning block to either the top of the frame rail, or buy the kit to locate it right off the master cylinder(that is the easiest way, it is a clean look, and will be exposed to the least amount of heat).

X2

I have a set of Hedmans on my 454. They fit great with no grinding or having to relocate anything. I wouldn't recomend using the gaskets that come with them however. I did have some exhaust leaks until I spent the money on Percy's Gaskets. Spendy but a quality product and re-usable. Another David lol

What specific model/order # of hedman headers did you get?

I also have the Hooker Header comp one's to. In order for me to install them on my 454. I had to take my shims out of the upper control arm and move it out and disconnect the steering shaft to get them in. I didn't move my break proportioning valve. I have not had any braking issues by not moving it away from the header heat.

Scott, Pretty sure it was the 68190. I couldn't find my paperwork but they are 1 3/4 tubes and uncoated. I got them 4 years ago so memory is a bit hazy. David

these are nice for their price.. Collector design innovative, don't know if you've ever seen a triangular collector installed improperly, with one of the screws closest to the ground. grin We'll you've shot a couple of inches of clearance right there. Don't ask me how I know,, These are designed with a ball & socket collector, using their reducer cones. The flange is nice & thick,, best of all Coated price is nice.

http://www.dynatechheaders.com/m_chevelle_68_72.html

these are nice for their price.. Collector design innovative, don't know if you've ever seen a triangular collector installed improperly, with one of the screws closest to the ground. grin We'll you've shot a couple of inches of clearance right there. Don't ask me how I know,, These are designed with a ball & socket collector, using their reducer cones. The flange is nice & thick,, best of all Coated price is nice.

http://www.dynatechheaders.com/m_chevelle_68_72.html

They look nice indeed, but I think the OP wanted headers for a BBC...?