Mufflers ????

MonteNH

What are you all running for mufflers ?

Has anyone ran the Spintech super pro streets ?

I just ran 3" with 2 Chamber 40 series flowmasters and im not happy with the sound. IM thinking of switching to the spintech super pro streets.

Phillip also check the modifiers forum as there is alot of sound clips there. I have the older 30 series behind my big block now we have a big block with delta 40's behind it and it don's sound bad. Now the 40series are a 2 chamber muffler if you go with a 50 series muffler its a 3 chamber. Local speed shop likes to put 2 chamber mufflers behind small blocks and 3 chamber mufflers behind big blocks.

I just ran 3" with 2 Chamber 40 series flowmasters and im not happy with the sound. IM thinking of switching to the spintech super pro streets.

Here's Scott's Monte with a Spintech Sportsman Street exhaust, not the exact one you are looking at though.

Check out our "monte sound clips" thread like Robert mentioned, lots of options there.

Originally Posted By: MonteNH

Here's Scott's Monte with a Spintech Sportsman Street exhaust, not the exact one you are looking at though.

Check out our "monte sound clips" thread like Robert mentioned, lots of options there.

Sounds Bad...real bad!! Tell Scott if he needs the chrome pieces that he's missing (hockey sticks)above the bumper, I've got a spare set.

I have 50 series on mine with 2 1/2 exhaust with welded 3" stainless tips. Mine are plenty loud but comfortable at highway speeds. Be aware that the cam you are running can make a big difference with the tone of the exhaust.

Depends on how much volume outside the car you want. I pefer stealth mode so I went with 3" Dynomax mufflers to go with my 3.5/3" Torque Tech x-pipe exhaust system. My exhaust sounds fairly tame just putting around, but when I put my foot through the floor it screams.

Pypes stainless steel Street Pro mufflers on a 2 1/2 inch manifold to rear bumper stainless exhaust system. Check out the Pypes website to listen to their complete muffler and exhaust system line.

They sound great!You just can't beat the sound of Flowmasters.There are a lot of great sounding cars here.If anyone is looking for ultra stealth and capable of crazy power,you may consider Magnaflow.Here is what they sound like on a buddies C5.This is a 2 1/2" system on a LS 408.It's the quietest big power car I have ever heard.On the street you would say it was a H&C car with stock exhaust.This car is the fastest real street C5 in the world.Sorry to start my second post with a non MC car, but I thought it was related.

which 40's are you running Philip? The 40 Series, the 40 Delta and the Super 40 all sound different. Here's what the Super 40's sound like on the wife's Monte...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my names jacob helms I love monte carlos and currently have 2000 save for one if you want great exhaust sound the summit racing mufflers sound the best or the best I have heard.but if you want more flow cherry bombs are the way to go. Also the pype sise 2" 2.5" or 3" inch are great I like the 2.5 inch with summit mufflers.

Hi my names jacob helms I love monte carlos and currently have 2000 save for one if you want great exhaust sound the summit racing mufflers sound the best or the best I have heard.but if you want more flow cherry bombs are the way to go. Also the pype sise 2" 2.5" or 3" inch are great I like the 2.5 inch with summit mufflers.

General question for everyone???? What determines exhaust pipe size? Should BB's be 3+" and SB's 2.5" for example? I have a stock 350 inwhich I will be converting to Patriot headers & dual exhaust, will 3" pipes be too big for proper back preassure or am I over thinking the situation?

well for my understanding you should be able to have any sise you want but I would call the group that makes the headers and they should be able to tell you right away.or the recomended sise hope I helped some.

General question for everyone???? What determines exhaust pipe size? Should BB's be 3+" and SB's 2.5" for example? I have a stock 350 inwhich I will be converting to Patriot headers & dual exhaust, will 3" pipes be too big for proper back preassure or am I over thinking the situation?

2.5" with pypes, magnaflow, flowmaster mufflers will be fine with your stock setup. The needing of "back pressure" issue is a myth. You don't want any back pressure. Exhaust flow and scavenging are your friend. You want exhaust gases to exit efficiently and quickly to clear the combustion chamber and allow a fresh charge of air/fuel in the combustion cycle to make power.

David

It be hotter if it were uncorked! whistle man, I'm about to redo one of mine. Mine is got "cherry bombs"..cough! Cough! I couldn't agree more with the above statement. You ever get a load of that car!! Listen! it sounds ,mighty peppy. Good advice.. bigger combustion.. larger exhaust. You ever see what a set of valves look like from excessive back pressure!! Like from an 22" glass pack for a long time..None,, the name of the game is reducing back pressure. Though you may not like the sound. Mandrel bent exhaust reduces that back pressure as well. What killed the deal for me is the sound. fart

I have the Flowmaster 40 series Deltas and they sound a lot like Red's Monte. I absolutely love the sound. W/that 3" exhaust from Torque Tech is the sound that I searched for for a long time.

If I were you I would go with mandrel bent exhaust its a smooth bend for the least amount of back pressure theres two other types of bends but mandrel is the best.for all out sound 2or 2.5

inch exhaust is good but if you really dont care about sound just performance 3 inch. And for mufflers glass packs have a 40 percent increase in flow than stock but are really loud and the larger diameter the better.

I have a 350, a few notches above stock and 2.5" exhaust are the way to go for that set up based on all the reading I have done. I have bottle type mufflers, love the sound but I'm going to add some floor insulation in the near future to quiet down the drone for long freeway runs.

Good luck in your decision.