Male inlet on front of Edlebroch carb ?

MonteNH

There is a male inlet right dead center from of my Edelbroch 750 carb. There is no hose going to it. It's sucking in air very badly. Should this hose be capped ? Its very loud also and if You put your finger up to it it will suck Your finger right up to it.

Could it be for PCV valve? Most of the time power brake fitting is in the rear somewhere.

Either way, it shouldn't be open and sucking air. It should have a hose going to something or be capped off. Maybe it was capped off and a backfire blew the cap off?

There is a male inlet right dead center from of my Edelbroch 750 carb. There is no hose going to it. It's sucking in air very badly. Should this hose be capped ? Its very loud also and if You put your finger up to it it will suck Your finger right up to it.

in between the adjustment screws? Isn't that where you hook-up the PCV hose? Most are t-tapped to valve cover,,& so on. Damn it you're quick Mark!! lol

My OEM 71 Quadrajet has a PCV valve hose hooked to a vacuum fitting like you are describing. Here is a picture.

Bruce

1971 Quadrajet on a 350

Hey Bruce could you take a picture of the right side (vacuum) I think I maybe missing some things? but don't have a Quad from the era to check or see what it maybe or not.

Thanks

Scott

The tube on the front of the Eldebrock is for the PCV valve. I just installed a 1406 Eldebrock on my 72 and that is what the instructions said it was for. I had to put a spacer under the carb for the power brake vacuum control. The vacuum advance is on the left side of the PCV valve connection. I had it on the right side and it now runs better than it did. This is while standing in front of the car looking at the carb.

The tube on the front of the Eldebrock is for the PVC valve. I just installed a 1406 Eldebrock on my 72 and that is what the instructions said it was for. I had to put a spacer under the carb for the power brake vacuum control. The vacuum advance is on the left side of the PVC valve connection. I ha it on the right side and it now runs better than it did. This is while standing in front of the car looking at the carb.

I'm sure you meant "PCV" wink