power steering

yes, it will steer... but good luck...it will be a bear to turn, manual boxes are geared differently then power boxes....just hope its not a tight turn onto the return road lol

If I remember right look for a manual one out of a S10, at least that is what I used in my '84 Olds Cutlass when we made it a drag only car.

Another thing to think about without the pump assist the steering box will wear out and develop slop in it. It may take a while but thats another thing to think about. I had a 60 dodge back in the day the pump went bad and I just kept driving it and after a few months of street driving there was about 3 inches of play in the steering wheel was getting hard to drive but then I blew the motor up so I junked it.

• 7 months later...
If I remember right look for a manual one out of a S10, at least that is what I used in my '84 Olds Cutlass when we made it a drag only car.

Ian.

do you remember which year s-10 you used?

thanks.

thanh

Ian.

thanks for the reply, got a manual box from a 71 pontiac, looks like everything will bolt right in.

side note, what do I use for gear lube on the manual box?

thanks

thanh

You strait track racers are so pickie,just turn on the AC,put back the power seats,with Power steering and relax.lol

Late 60's gear box.Malibu,Chevelle will work...

Lube,80w90 I think...And replace the sector shaft seal before installing a used gear box,much easier when off the car...