build sheet

Someone said I could find a build sheet in the door panels I looked under the seats and had the back seat out no luck where would I look next?

Is it hard to take off the door panels I have worked on newer cars and the plastic breaks

will I have a problem with a 1970 MC

metz6565

No becareful, but the Monte door panels are not made of plastic.

They are made of cardboard and vinyl. Just make sure you know how to take them off before you go prising with a screwdriver. smile

Try looking for the buildsheet under the gas tank, if you've looked everywhere else.

It could be that some cars does not have a build sheet, as they was supposed to be thrown away. smile

Metz,

Under the carpet may be a good place to look. I had a guy repair the welting on my seat drivers seet back and when he took the cover off of the seat he found a build sheet there.

I think the first thing you should look at is the the Vin Number. If it has an "F" in the Vin it means it was built in Flint Mich. To the best of my knowledge nobody has ever found a build sheet in a Flint built car. If it is a Flint built car there is no sense in tearing the car apart to look for the build sheet.

Rob

under the front seats or the back seat or on top of the gas tank "i found mine on the gas tank" the first one i threw away and kicked myself for a week after i found out what it was.

glad i found another one though and it was the last one on the car.

Alex

I recently found the build sheet for my 70 ss in the back of the passenger side front bench seat.I had to cut the seat to get to it but it was in perfect condition and the seat needed to be recoverd any way.Has anyone else ever found one in this posistion? I wish I would have known about build sheets in high school (early 80's)when I converted my ls6 Elcamino to buckets and threw away the original bench seat,maybe the build sheet was there. Andy.