71 SS B94 Option....what is it?

LostnFound

Hello all, On my G.M. Canada supplied Option list for my car, the option code "B94 Ornamentation Package" is listed as being on my car. My question is...what is it? Is it the rear view mirror map light maybe or is it something else?

Any assistance with deciphering this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Larry

Hey Larry, B94 is Front Wheel well Chrome... B95 is Rear Wheel well Chrome and B93 is Door edge Guards (Chrome Strip) Got any other numbers I have a book full of codes.. Darren

PS, I got your PM's just going through a ruff spurt with Meds frown

Hi Darren, you have a book? You da Man! smile

No problem re. the P.M.'s Darren.

I can't find out more info until Monday anyway.

Hope the meds do the trick and I hope you are getting the rest you need.

Cheers,

Larry

Actually Larry its a little known fact that the b94 canadian ornament package was the likeness of a hockey stick on the quarter panel with the handle end pointing to the rear..you can see on the body lines where it went

Hey Larry, Doug is correct i was wrong. DOH..!! Grabbed the wrong book, i grabbed the Oldsmobile book. Its funny when you look in the Chev book and then GMC book and then Pontiac books they all list b93 as door edge moldings yet B94 in the chev book under Monte its is the ornimation option in 71 but the GMC book in 71 shows its a GMC Sprint tailgate emblem and in the el-camino section the B94 is for the elky bowtie emblem on the tailgate too and under chevele it shows no such RPO but oldsmobile has it as wheel well moldings.. Really goofy same RPO code but 5 different divisions using it for something else except B93 they all agree upon...lol

It also says under Monte that a B85 is the Belt Reveal Moldings. Another cool option... Sorry for confusion.

Darren.

I know that my Uncle did a few things to the car. I know he added the sport mirrors. I also know that the guy who bought it from my Uncle in 1978 fixed it up and added options from another car such as the belt reveal molding.

Other than the documentation, I have no recollection or pictures of this B94 ornamentation package.

Doug...have you or anyone seen a 71 with this option on it?

Hey Guys i just checked my build sheets on the 71 SS's on has b94 and b95 both ext ss trim lower and upper. The other car has all 3, b93 DOOR EDGE GUARDS b94,and b95 also ext ss trim upper and lower.

Hope this helps

Willie

Thanks Will ...i been studying this rosetta stone course on how to speak Canadian but we havent got to that lesson yet..

You'll learn some at the Western Meet in Carson City, NV. You'll be fluent in words like toque, chesterfield, loonie, etc. grin

I know what a loonie is...I think rofl EH!

The Canadian 1 dollar coin (commonly called Loonie) is a gold-coloured one-dollar coin introduced in 1987. It bears images of a common loon