monte carlo body work

jacob

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not sandblast the hood, especially with play sand. Play sand grains are round and wont do anything as far as taking off paint other than heat up the panel.

Sandblasting panels on the Monte are really asking for trouble, places that specialize in media blasting wont even take on a hood in our area due to warpage.

Jacob

Using sand builds up so much heat it will warp the panels like Tony and Jared said. If you have to use sand only use in small areas of rust. To strip the paint use soda which does not build heat like other blast media. You can get kits through Eastwood to convert your sand blaster to a soda blaster. That way just change the fittings for what type blasting you need to do.

Also make sure you wear a good resperator and hood to keep the dust out of your lungs. Take it from me you do NOT want to do something to cause damage to your lungs!

• 2 weeks later...

so thats why more people use soda blasters than sand blasters ... that also explains why it was on sale okay thanks for the tips and no warped panels.

decided to go with 8 inch rally wheels the ones on the monte now are 7 inchand there free came on my dads truck off a corvett and hes going to take my american racing rims to have and sell with the truck and i get new rims and my grand dads taking my monte wheels for his classic when he gets one.