Door trim at window

Tom

I have seen the trim at the window both thin (approximately 1/8") and wide (approximately 1"). I have both but am not sure which is correct for a 70.

Also, did the 70 come with a passenger side mirror as an option?

Thanks,

Tom

The thin belt molding is standard equipment, the 1 inch wide belt molding was an option.

The passenger side mirror was also an option. smile

Tom,

The wide trim you mention was an option but I thought if the option was ordered from the factory the narrow chrome on the window felts was not also put on but I don't know that for sure.

Regarding the passenger side mirror, to the best of my knowlege it was not an option but I don't want to state that as a for sure. I have one of the GM Restoration packages up in the garage with my car and will have to check the option listings to know for sure.

Rob

Goldie has the wide beltline moulding and the mirror on the passenger side. She also is equipped with power windows but she's not a custom. I guess it could have been part of a 72 package.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought a driver's door that had the wide molding. As Rob and Tony said, there's no narrow chrome trim with the wide molding. One interesting thing I noticed when I removed it was that there was a Z38 (could have been Z58 - I'd have to check) stamped into the door behind the felt. Does anyone know if that was the option number for that trim?

Mike - if you're interested in just the piece for the driver's door, let me know.

Jim

• 1 month later...

I am looking for window felts again. The last time I looked (1984) they were so bad I thought I would try to restore mine.

In need inners and outers for the doors and quarter windows.

I have 6 long ones and maybe 2 of them I picked up at a junk yard (or do they go somewhere else?).

Mine have the stainless steel beads and trim.

Anybody doing a good job of making or restoring these?

Tom