lower fender patches

ILUVMYMONTE

where would be the best website to order these from. I do bodywork and restoration for a living so im not to worried if they are a little bit off, but i would like to find the ones that fit up nicely right off the bat. anyone have any experience with these?

Buy the fenders. I got a super clean pair from Leo, great guy. If you do body & paint for a living don't waste your $ on the patch panels. You could probably make your own patch better than these things. I have experienced them first hand and could easily fab up something better in less than an hour. I work in a body shop also. I have a real clean rust free right fender for 71 - 72 for sale.

Simply buying fenders is not gonna be an option to much longer. And I hope all the better used and NOS fenders going on Montes that replace rougher ones, that the folks keep the rough ones and don't scrap them. They are not reproduced yet.

It amazes me how AMD has every part for a 69 Dodge Charger buildup on Chop Cut Rebuild and they are less of those than than Monte Carlos for sure.

But as for as the Foreign made patches, they are no good. Leo sells are better quality one. A friend of mine can make them also handmade, but if we ever get far enough to actually sell them, its gonna be $75-100 side, but they would be top notch.

If you really want one I have one laying around, brand new. If you want to stop down here bring me 25 bucks and a six pack of Oberon. Or I can ship it to you for $50.

• 1 month later...

It amazes me how AMD has every part for a 69 Dodge Charger buildup on Chop Cut Rebuild and they are less of those than than Monte Carlos for sure.

Its about demand really, for some reason a restored Charger is worth way more than a Monte, and thats where the effort is going to reproduce parts. I wouldnt put a whole lot of faith into any reproduced Monte fender for quite some time, even if they are made, I think the first couple runs will be full of mistakes and poor fit! The fit is garbage on alot of repop parts, you just need to work with what you have unfortunately, I kind of wish I grabbed the couple I had a chance at getting back when I got my Monte, but I didnt know what an expensive item they were going to be

we ( KONIKS KLASSIKS ) are an AMD authorized dealer, i have discussed several patch panels and or full replacement panels for the 70-72 Monte carlo , like Tony said supply and demand , there may be something in the future , they are still working on a full line of their own tooled Chevelle parts ,many suppliers share tooling and tooling cost and product lines , the risk to produce a tool and not be able to cover your cost is monumental

Leo