engine

jacob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got all the parts to the engine new manifold, Flowtech headers, new pro select water pump, a very heavy starter and a equally heavy stall converter 2200 to 2600 rpm I thought it was just 2000 but I was wrong. body bushings and stainless tubing has also arrived I'm just waiting for the weather to clear up enough to media blast the chassis but drivers Ed has kept me busy since its private its on week ends.

Jacob, the car sounds like it is coming along great. Keep up with and concentrate on the driver's ed though. Without a license, the car will be a lawn ornament. You can do it buddy. Before you know it, you'll be driving down the street in one beautiful Monte with the windows down and your arm out the window. I remember my first time like it was yesterday. smile

Keep up the good work. smile

Larry

Jacob, one of the products we spray our winter driven cars with up here is called Rust Check. It is something that can be sprayed everywhere on the car. It seals moisture out of electrical wires and rejuvenates rubber as well. You can buy it in rattle can form but up here, we drive our cars to a Rust Check shop and they spray the whole car in bulk. It is safe for paint and will wash off the paint a few days later with soap and water. Everywhere else on the car, it just sits and protects. Also, it seeps in to every little crack and opening no matter how small and under trim as well. I spray a few cans on my Monte every fall when it is going away for a long winter's nap. If you want some and can't get it shipped to you, let me know and I'll see if I can ship a case of it down to you. That offer is open to everyone else in the club as well. smile

check it out at www.rustcheck.com

Speaking of good work I painted it chevy red with put clear coat which really made the valve covers stand out some of the new parts A new dual plane eldebrock manifold, Thermal carb spacer (its made out of some kind of plastic) and flowtech headers we are getting them coated but we wanted to be able to beat on them with out it without hurting the coating and the guy thats doing it can do a better job than the flowtech people and to go with that were going to get some stainless steel header and manifold bolts and all the other bolts to hopefully.

th_MCCJacob029_zpsa482a202.jpg

th_MCCJacob120_zps3975125a.jpg

th_MCCJacob118_zps53e02925.jpg

th_MCCJacob119_zpse47a1732.jpg

Thank you and it looks even faster in person 325 horse power or more means it will certainly move fast and once it hits 2200 rpm it will really pull hard thanks to the stall converter. smilesmilesmilesmileband

jacob congratulations you're doing a great job and getting some great experience with your dad and grandfather they obviously have been around cars and can help you alot would you please use capitol letters and punctuation when posting it is sometimes hard to read your posts and understand when you don't take the time to do that do you see what i mean smile

Thanks for posting the pics, Jacob. grin

Dan