Anyone Have Non-Standard Tail Pipes?

cudax

Hey everyone, I am looking for some ideas on my 3" pipes after the mufflers. I really don't like the standard straight out the back chrome tip look. I am thinking about exiting either right behind the rear tire or right in front of it. Either way, I want to get it done this week or next since I am currently running without anything past the mufflers.

Anyone have any ideas or pics I would appreciate it!!!

Mike

Mike,

I have a complete 3" Torque Tech system. Tail pipes go over the rear axle and turn down right under the rear bumper. The don't extend past the bumper. They fit great and are super quality and are family owned. http://torquetech.intuitwebsites.com/index.html

David

I have the Torque Tech exhaust also and it turns down below the rear bumper, fits perfect and I like it. I also like an exhaust to exit like you mention behind the rear tires on an angle. I could not find a kit like that for an A-body car, might have to have it custom bent. I know there are plenty of kits for a G-body car, I wonder if anybody ever tried to fit a G-body tailpipe on our cars.

21979060022_medium.jpg

The bad thing to me on turned pipes is that they will kick up a dust storm regularly. I have a good friend with a 66 Nova with the down turned tail pipes and most of us stay in front os him as his really kicks up a lively dust storm.

The bad thing to me on turned pipes is that they will kick up a dust storm regularly. I have a good friend with a 66 Nova with the down turned tail pipes and most of us stay in front os him as his really kicks up a lively dust storm.

That clarifies the old saying "eat my dust" lol Love it grin

Thanks for all the input guys!!! I do have a local guy that will custom the exhaust for me I just have to decide how to run it. I like the turn down better than straight out the back but, does anyone have a pic of pipes exiting behind the rear tire?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanh, thanks for the pic! Yes, actually I thought about the way you did it, and I like it. The only problem is that I have seen lots and lots of dust kicked up with those. Maybe if they were turned differently?

Not sure about the under the license plate thing but I don't think it is a look for me.

I can't believe I am having such a hard time with this so maybe I will ask the place that is going to customize my exhaust for his opinions. Who knows, maybe he will have a few cool ideas.

Mike

I wish I knew how to post pics.I have a shot of my 72 with huge 3 1/2" pipes coming out right under my license plate.It's hilarious.They look like flame throwers.The previous owner had them done that way.I now have the pipes exiting right out the corners at the back.A local exhaust shop got the tailpipes from a school bus and they fit almost as if they were made for the Monte.

Ken, you have to use one of the photo sites that are available out on the web like Photobucket as an example. Then you can start posting your pics here. I don't talk too much computer but maybe someone will jump in or PM you with more instructions.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...